• Nov 2005

Re: ElecTRONica Concept Art - DisneyParksBlog

Disney Entertainment

Comment

• Disneyland 1951
      MiceChatter
      • May 2010

I do not have high hopes that the Disney Staff know how to use the sucessful parts of the Glow Fest.

GlowFest Start
      The first few nights there were problems with falling down drunks that I saw personally. DLR Security handled these well, and when they were more careful on alcohol distribution the problem went away.

They also moved the three short dance stages to the street and moved one of the Alcohol stands out the the Sunshine plaza. With Pogo music, Projections of Dancing, Disney dance music thrown in, and the garish decorations: a lot of people had a lot of fun.

Music:
      The "Pogo" music worked very well and had people of all ages involved in having fun and dancing. DJ: They tried a DJ for one weekend and it was a total flop. The current Disneyland TLT Dance Club has a DJ and basic random dancers, it is not exciting or interesting. Last Year the TLT Dance Club used better dancers, voting for your favorite via texting, text shoutouts, and organized dances to Hanna Montana and Country line dancing, and was better in 2009 than now.
      A few weeks ago the Glow Fest got rid of the "Pogo" music and it is not as fun.

Now they have changed the Glowfest at 8:15 to a few of the remaining Glowfest dancer doing random dancing to a not too great DJ. The DJ plays very short versions (30-45 sec) of modern generic dance toons with different beets that stops the Dance flow often. The Glowfest Dancers now just do uninspired random dancing on the stage and it is just another poor version of the Disney Dance Club concept.

If they copy the original Glow Fest sucess (Music - Dancers - Projectons) it will become very sucessful and FUN.

BUT: From what I have seen with the recent changes:
      I expect it will be just a better decorated uninspired TLT Dance Club.

Lets hope for the return of Pogo music and dancers that inspire fun. Not just decorations thrown on a lame Disney DJ show.

Comment

• 006TOE
        MiceChatter
        • Jul 2010

Heck yeah!
        Bout to get Dr-iz-unk at the End of the L-iz-ine B-iz-ar!
        Gonna J-iz-ump off the T-iz-ower of T-iz-error R-iz-ailing!!
        Electroooooooooooonicaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• scotchtape
          How Peculiar
          • Aug 2009

Wow, I'm beyond excited now! It looks so exciting from the concept art, and it's a huge massive way to promote the new movie. It seems like they're taking up most of Hollywood Pictures Backlot which I'm not sure will be a good or bad thing.

I'm really excited about Flynn's and how they will end up doing the grid floors! I'm beyond stoked for this and I really REALLY hope that the music has a lot of bass pumping. Teehee,
          Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

• MainStreetJake
            Banned User
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by 006TOE View Post
            Heck yeah!
            Bout to get Dr-iz-unk at the End of the L-iz-ine B-iz-ar!
            Gonna J-iz-ump off the T-iz-ower of T-iz-error R-iz-ailing!!
            Electroooooooooooonicaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
            I'm gonna have a se-iz-ure trying to figure out what you're saying.

Comment

• nonob88
              Dream in wonderful color!
              • Jan 2005

So they finally announced it... I can't wait! And I'm not even a Tron fan. Really looking forward to how they dress up HPB for this, Al said the Entertainment Dept wants to take it to the next level and surpass Glow Fest. New lighting effects and lasers are always welcome

I'm happy to see they're moving the main party away from Hollywood Blvd and into the north side of HPB. Always good to see them using empty space like the old Hollywood and Dine building..

This will be great.. I'm sure it will be extremely popular, that's always good for the park!
              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

• Coast21
                DCA FTW!
                • Apr 2008

The DJ's improved GloFest by large amounts. Seems like they did good enough job to where that's all they have/want now. I do miss the "Pogo" but that wouldn't really fit a tron theme.

And with that being said...... Bring on the freakin lasers!
                Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

• Rocker
                  I Don't Care
                  • Sep 2006

Just by seeing the concept art, it looks great. I think putting it in Disney's hand instead of private contractors really made this a great idea. Go for it!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• 006TOE
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by MainStreetJake View Post
                    I'm gonna have a se-iz-ure trying to figure out what you're saying.
                    Im just too psyched.
                    I never got to get my GLOW on since I didnt go this summer.
                    But ill be there in October.
                    So I'll be sure to get extra TRONified to make up for it.

Comment

• Haulin'Oats
                      • May 2006

Is Flynn's going into the old Hollywood & Dine?? I thought it was supposed to be in Millionaire?

Comment

• littlecricket
                        Cherry Tart
                        • Mar 2007

I've also been told that Off the Page will be selling some exclusive Tron merchandise.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

• MaleficentFan
                          It's a dead man's party!
                          • Jan 2006

I'm seriously PUMPED for this! They had Flynn's Arcade down at Comic-Con the past two years and am excited to go back into it at DCA! *fan girls*
                          Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

• Scary Scott
                            Vroom, vroom!
                            • Dec 2007

I wanna go SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO BAD!
                            but I cant afford to drive to Disneyland for this, Anyone at all even CLOSE to where I live going down this october? Ill go to you and pay for my own day in the park, or days or whatever... Pay my part.
                            I am Scary Scott,
                            Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                            I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                            Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                            Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                            Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                            Originally posted by Karalora
                            This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                            Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                            Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

• Melonballer
                              Shablagoo!
                              • May 2005

Hooray. It will be open when I get there.

Comment

• nonob88
                                Dream in wonderful color!
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Haulin'Oats View Post
                                Is Flynn's going into the old Hollywood & Dine?? I thought it was supposed to be in Millionaire?
                                I thought the same, but on the concept art it shows Flynn's in the back corner where the Hollywood and Dine building is. I wonder what will go in Stage 17 (Millionare), maybe they won't use it at all? Also, anyone notice that the Hyperion Theatre is missing in the concept art?
                                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

• MainStreetJake
                                  Banned User
                                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by 006TOE View Post
                                  Im just too psyched.
                                  I never got to get my GLOW on since I didnt go this summer.
                                  But ill be there in October.
                                  So I'll be sure to get extra TRONified to make up for it.
                                  gotcha..why didn't you say that in the first place?

Comment

• Coast21
                                    DCA FTW!
                                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                                    I thought the same, but on the concept art it shows Flynn's in the back corner where the Hollywood and Dine building is. I wonder what will go in Stage 17 (Millionare), maybe they won't use it at all? Also, anyone notice that the Hyperion Theatre is missing in the concept art?
                                    I think that's cause of the track work being done till the end of the year in front of it.
                                    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                                    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

• DisneyLizzy
                                      Wanna be Sub Mermaid
                                      • Aug 2010

This looks fuuuun!!!

Comment

• Fantasmanatic
                                        Fantasmic! Fanatic
                                        • Apr 2009

This is going to be absolutely awesome!!! Looks like it would fit better in Tomorrowland though. (Don't shoot me for saying that!) Can't wait to see it in person, looks very hi tech and worth the wait. Too bad DCA didn't hire the entertainment dept the first time.

Comment

• JungleCruiseFan
                                          Future Skipper
                                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                                          I am definitely intrigued by this. The changes to HPB look much more subtle and mostly done with projections so they don't break theme during the day. I love the color palette for this. Looking at these and listening to the Daft Punk soundtrack right now... this could really be an amazing place. Especially with all the dancers in "program" garb. I'm looking forward to checking out Flynn's as well.
                                          The soundtrack is out already?! Where where where?!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X