Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will RSR ever have problems Rockets Rods Style?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Will RSR ever have problems Rockets Rods Style?

Don't get me wrong I Love RSR idea but hopefully this attraction won't have problems like the old rocket rods attraction in TL any other comments!

Re: Will RSR ever have problems Rockets Rods Style?

Rsr??

Comment

Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
      Don't get me wrong I Love RSR idea but hopefully this attraction won't have problems like the old rocket rods attraction in TL any other comments!
      Uhm....KNOCK ON WOOD that it doesn't. But I doubt it, the ride is slated as the next e-ticket for an already struggling park. Plus, this is the newer version of Test Track, and that hasn't had any major issues, so I think this one's pretty safe to say it won't have major issues. But, with rides, you can never say what's going to happen. They're machines, they break. Let's just allow this one to actually be built, and tested, and y'know, OPENED, before we talk about breakdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
        Rsr??
        Radiator Springs Racers. The new e-ticket attraction for the new land in DCA called Carsland. It's supposed to open in 2012.

Comment

Considering how huge and complex and innovative the attraction will be, I don't doubt that it'll develop difficulties at least on the order of Indy across the esplanade. (It'd be great if it doesn't, but I'm just being realistic here.) But nothing like the Rocket Rods. Those were shoehorned onto a flat, thirty-year-old track that wasn't built for speed, during an age when Disney was at its...er, thriftiest. RSR is having a new track built for exactly this purpose. Disney's hardly perfect, but considering what a huge investment this attraction is, I'm guessing that they're going to great lengths to ensure that it remains operational for quite some time.

Comment

Rocket Rods really only had issues because the track wasn't banked. Since the RSR attraction will have a track to standards for a test track like attraction, made for speed with banked turns, it shouldn't be a problem. Test Track has run for years at Epcot without any problems that I know of, and the two ride mechanisms are essentially the same from my understanding.

Comment

Any new ride is going to have it's problems, but Rocket Rods biggest hurdle wasn't the technology per se', it was the lack of funding in order to make the technology work correctly. This will now be the 3rd time Disney has used this technology after Test Track and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Test Track had it's issues when it first opened, but is pretty reliable now. I never heard of any excessive issues with Journey. Maybe somebody more familiar with TDL could clarify if that ride ever had major issues.

Comment

Rocket Rods was the first version of this ride system. Since then we have had...
                1. Test Track
                2. Journey Into the Center of the Earth

Both systems have been extensively worked on. Test Track has already received a number of upgrades thanks to RSR.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Fourth time:

1. Rocket Rods
                  2. Test Track
                  3. Journey to the Center of the Earth
                  4. Radiator Springs Racers.

And actually, the ride system is very much the same as IJA with its below-floor track system and computer controlled motion. The only difference is IJA has enhanced motion platforms on the vehicles. So...

1. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye
                  2. Rocket Rods
                  3. Dinosaur
                  4. Test Track
                  5. Journey to the Center of the Earth
                  6. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull
                  7. Radiator Springs Racers

...if you wanted to be just a little bit more general, it's the seventh time the ride system is being used. I believe the only two rides listed that have the same version of the technology are IJA: Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Dinosaur. Every other attraction modified the technology in some way or another to make it more reliable.

Comment

To be fair, Test Track actually came before Rocket Rods. It was supposed to open in 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno1986 View Post
                      To be fair, Test Track actually came before Rocket Rods. It was supposed to open in 1997.
                      True, but a car flew off the track helping it open 2 years behind schedule.
                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                        And actually, the ride system is very much the same as IJA with its below-floor track system and computer controlled motion. The only difference is IJA has enhanced motion platforms on the vehicles. So...
                        HM has a below-floor track system, shouldn't it be included in the list? Along with ATIS, etc. etc. ?
                        Last edited by Mojave; 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

The bigger question is...will they ever get Murphy back together again! Now, that's something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by MainStreetJake View Post
                            Uhm....KNOCK ON WOOD that it doesn't. But I doubt it, the ride is slated as the next e-ticket for an already struggling park. Plus, this is the newer version of Test Track, and that hasn't had any major issues, so I think this one's pretty safe to say it won't have major issues. But, with rides, you can never say what's going to happen. They're machines, they break. Let's just allow this one to actually be built, and tested, and y'know, OPENED, before we talk about breakdowns.
                            In all fairness, I had this dreaded feeling earlier today. Not before today, it just hit me.

I could have started an identical thread, this question was on my mind, way to go OP.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X