Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian, first time Disneyland, do many people dress up for the Halloween Party?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Australian, first time Disneyland, do many people dress up for the Halloween Party?

Hi My husband and I are taking our 8 year old twin daughters to Disneyland 25 October for 5 days. We are lucky enough to be there for 26 October Mickey's Halloween Party. This is huge as It is not as big a holiday in Australia as it is for you guys. We are VERY excited.

What I would like to know is - do many people dress up in Fancy dress for this? It's not actually on Halloween when we are there. It would be a blast if this was the case as I will make sure I buy the girls some Halloween costumes..

Thanks!

Re: Australian, first time Disneyland, do many people dress up for the Halloween Part

I've only been to the Halloween party at the resort once, but I dressed up and I saw a LOT of adults, many without children like me, also in costume! Its a great time to let your hair down and release the inner child in you and come in costume too! It doesn't have to be fancy... mine was just a cheap jester costume I got online... but the important part is to have fun! You will see some amazing costumes however, but you don't have to be elaborate.

And welcome to MiceChat!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Re: Australian, first time Disneyland, do many people dress up for the Halloween Part

Yes you may wear a costume to the party, and most do. If your children are 9 or younger they may wear their costumes during regular hours.

I have always arrive hour before the party started just to see all the people in their costumes. Bring a camera because you'll be amazed how much effort people put into their costumes.

Comment

Were dressing up when we go!
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Originally posted by usc_imangineer View Post
          Yes you may wear a costume to the party, and most do. If your children are 9 or younger they may wear their costumes during regular hours.
          Good information but one small nitpik:

I wouldn't say "most do".....many, a lot, plenty, more than a few, a whole bunch, tons, etc.......but "most" means, well, "most", and in my admittedly limited experience with the party the word "most" would be more appropriate for the number of adults who do not don a costume
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Cool! I'm actually thinking of dressing up like RUSSELL from UP! I'm sure you can.

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
            http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
              Good information but one small nitpik:

I wouldn't say "most do".....many, a lot, plenty, more than a few, a whole bunch, tons, etc.......but "most" means, well, "most", and in my admittedly limited experience with the party the word "most" would be more appropriate for the number of adults who do not don a costume
              I have to disagree because she was asking in regards to her whole family, which includes children, making the majority of families in costume. I would be bold enough to say that I have never seen a family that didn't have at least one member in costume.

I would not recommend Mickey's Halloween Party to a family that planned on having everyone go in normal attire.

Comment

I have to disagree because she was asking in regards to her whole family, which includes children, making the majority of families in costume. I would be bold enough to say that I have never seen a family that didn't have at least one member in costume.

I would not recommend Mickey's Halloween Party to a family that planned on having everyone go in normal attire.
                You know, I thought she was asking about adults but upon re-reading I see that you are correct, she was talking about the whole family.

In which case, yes, "most" would be the right word since almost every child does dress up.

I stand so corrected:blush:
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I've been twice and will be going again this year, I always dress up as do all the others in my group who are all adults.
                  Do It!!
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Any reason for that? My wife and I are going to be there during the time of one of the events. We won't have costumes with us, but I was thinking of purchasing in just to have more time in the park.

Also, for an Aussie, "fancy dress" = costumes, not anything fancy. Just to clarify!

"I DIG A.D.D."

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
                      do many people dress up in Fancy dress for this?
                      do birds fly?
                      Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

my fiancee and I are in our 30's we go every year and dress.... ur boys will have a blast.... I would have the dress and you and your wife should to ... it will be a halloween time you will never forget.... gave familly photos the time we all dressed in the states for halloween...

Comment

Originally posted by Chanfan View Post
                          Any reason for that? My wife and I are going to be there during the time of one of the events. We won't have costumes with us, but I was thinking of purchasing in just to have more time in the park.

Also, for an Aussie, "fancy dress" = costumes, not anything fancy. Just to clarify!
                          When I say "family", I mean with children. I was just thinking that if you had kids with you and they got to see how everyone was dressed up, they might get sad if they weren't able to have a costume.

As for a couple who like to stay longer in the park, $90-$100 is alot of money pay, at least for me. I think Halloween Screams, Cavalcade, and Candy are great, but I don't know if I would ever go to one of these parties if I couldn't dress up.

I think there are more reasons to go and not, but to many to list myself.

Comment

If you have the spare $ and love a halloween environment, people-watching, fireworks, rides, and free candy, then you should absolutely go! Some people just don't dig wearing Halloween costumes, and that's cool; but you can still have a great time there.

Comment

You will have fun if u r dressed or not... u can always get a crazy hat at the disneyland hat shop... or just walk around in ur normal clothes it's fun for the adults.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X