This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on: Lockers & Directions

Since I always fly down to So. Cal, stay at a DLR hotel, and have never used a locker, I am unable to help my sister, who is going to DLR in December, and is in need of some information on a couple of things. I tried a search on lockers, and directions, but didn't come up with what I was looking for. So, I was hoping all you Micechatters could help me out.

Here's the questions:

1. Where are the best Lockers located, and how do you pay for them (read a post that says to get lockers as early as possible)?

2. Hey all you Northern Californians: Which is better 5 or 101 to DLR? My sister wants to drive 5, boyfriend says 101, what do you think?

Thank you all for your help!

Re: Need help on: Lockers & Directions

Originally posted by Angelica Gracey
    Hey all you Northern Californians: Which is better 5 or 101 to DLR? My sister wants to drive 5, boyfriend says 101, what do you think?
    Depends on where you are coming from in Northern California. I leave from Lodi, and I take 5 all the way down, very easy. Even coming from the Bay, I would suggest 5, very zoomy, just avoid the blue lights!!!

Comment

Take 5, no question. 101 may be more scenic, but it's longer.

(BTW, Karmannman, I'm about 40 miles straight east of you).

The best lockers are to the left of the entrance, just past the guest services area. They have larger ones there, if you get there early enough--I found the small ones didn't have enough room for what I was carrying.

The kiosks you use take either cash or card. You then get a piece of paper with the code you'll need to enter to reaccess the locker.

Comment

My sister would be coming from Santa Cruz, on the Monterey Bay. Thank you Karmannman, and Wotan for your feedback!

Comment

Even from santa cruz, I think driving out to I-5 would be faster.

Comment

Yes, definitely The 5.

As for lockers, there are general locations found on Disney web site as well as MousePlanet's.

The general locations, if I remember correctly:
            1. Two locations on Esplanade, on left side of each park's entrance.
            2. Right inside DCA.
            3. Short-term lockers near Grizzly River Rapids (2 hours free, $1 per half-hour thereafter), to prevent wetness of important personal effects.
            4. In DL, left on Main Street, just past the Fire Station (?).
            5. On Main Street, halfway down the street and down a side street on the right (while walking toward castle).
            6. In Fantasyland, near theater.

There is also your car. It only takes one person to waste the 20 minutes or so going back and forth. If you happen to be waiting for Fantasmic!, then one can go to the car to get sweatshirts and the like, while the others hold a space. Don't cost nothin'.

To pay for lockers: there are kiosks that take your money/cc/atm/etc., and return a receipt, which has the locker number and the "passcode" to open it. Hold this receipt as fiercely as you would the contents inside the locker. The kiosk will ask what size locker you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica Gracey
              2. Hey all you Northern Californians: Which is better 5 or 101 to DLR? My sister wants to drive 5, boyfriend says 101, what do you think?

Thank you all for your help!
              2. Hey all you NoCals: once you pass Kettleman City, it's THE 5, and once you pass SLO, it's THE 101.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment
                2. Hey all you NoCals: once you pass Kettleman City, it's THE 5, and once you pass SLO, it's THE 101.
                Grrrrrr . . . . freeways don't require definite articles, but hey, I am from NorCal, what do I know about Freeways.

Comment

Originally posted by karmannman
                  Grrrrrr . . . . freeways don't require definite articles, but hey, I am from NorCal, what do I know about Freeways.
                  Well, they do 'round here, else they get angry. That traffic jam up ahead? Someone didn't put a "The" in front of it. He got sideswiped by an SUV whose driver was talking on a cellphone. Coincidence? I think not!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X