X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Need ideas for a cool birthday experience for my 8 year old

Hello all!
    We are not doing a birthday party for Emi this year and wanted to do something really cool that was Disneyland related for her birthday. We are annual passholders and go to the park at least twice a month. We have done just about every standard thing you can do at Disneyland, plus many not so standard things. I am trying to come up with something that is truly incredible.

She is an incredible kid and the light of our lives, so we want to do something that will make her feel really special. We truly feel blessed to be her parents and we want her to be able to have one of those experiences that she will be telling her grandchildren about

I am not the most creative person on the face of the planet, so I thought you all might be able to help me come up with something incredible for her.

I would love to say that money is no object, and although we do not have to stay on the cheap, we do not have thousands to spend.

I bet you all can come up with some great ideas!

Thanks so much!
    Lynda
    Last edited by emitopher; 10-14-2010, 09:27 AM.

Re: Need ideas for a cool birthday experience for my 8 year old

If she hasn't seen World of Color yet, that would be great to end the night with. And getting VIP seating for that particular show; perhaps at the earliest time possible since children tend to get tired and have meltdowns at the end of the day, would be a great idea.

Also meet and greets with her favorite characters perhaps at breakfast or lunch would be a great idea too in my opinion. Disneyland really makes children feel special on their special day with those Birthday Pins with their name on it so everywhere you go, someone is definitely going to wish her a Happy-B-Day, including the guests.

I'd do some research online on when exactly characters come out, and which particular restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are very kid friendly and oriented. I think it'll be a somewhat costly trip but not astronomically expensive.
    Hope this helps, I'm not a very creative person but hopefully some of the more experienced micechatters with young ones can help you out soon enough. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks Strider!
      Any more ideas MCers?

Comment

Maybe starting the day at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to bring out her inner princess? No matter what you do, I'm sure it will end up being very special and memorable for her

Comment

Try calling the Customer Service number...I've heard of cast members organizing SPECTACULAR things for special occasions. Just explain your situation (having tried almost everything at the resort) and say that you'd really like something unique and creative and see what they can offer you, I have even heard of a few people not having to pay anything except for park passes and food. Its definetly worth a call =]
          November 7, 2008 - My Disneyland dream came true! And is was "SUITE"! :yea:
          sigpic

Comment

There is a package that you can purchase to have your hotel room decorated, with balloons and some packages. (We've had a couple topics recentlly about that, it's the same group that does the small decorated Christmas tree, too) I think they ask more about the child's interest, and favorite character, so they can place some things featuring her favorite character. Of course, to do it less expensive, you could have someone in your family break away from the group, and buy some things and put it together in you hotel room.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Thanks for all the good ideas so far. I thought of two things that she would freak out over, but both of them require so much from the DLR CM's that I wouldn't even know where to start.

If I call guest services, will they think I am just a crazy parent with a spoiled kid. I seriously am so blessed to have her as a part of my life that I want to be able to see her dreams come true. I don't want to seem nuts

Comment

Well lets hear the ideas!

If us micechatters think your insane.. well then your completely bonkers, but if we think they are reasonable, then the CM's JUSSSTT might be able to do the impossible

and LOL We all have spolied children. i doubt the CMs would go and tell you your insane :P

Comment

There are a few things you could consider:

- Princess Fantasy Fair
                  - Birthday party at Plaza Inn with Pat E. Cake
                  - Goofy's Kitchen is great for birthdays

You could also ask her what her favorite rides are and make your own park map with just the rides she is interested in and then make a day of doing everything that she would want.

Buy a nice present for her and hide it in a locker. Then have one of the characters slip her the locker slip (Just whisper to the character host and they should be able to help you). Then take her to the locker and help her find it.

I've had several birthday scavenger hunts at Disneyland - always fun. But they are a lot of work for you to put together. But you could certainly take elements of a scavenger hunt to put together a day which includes rides, presents, and meals which would delight her.
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                    Buy a nice present for her and hide it in a locker. Then have one of the characters slip her the locker slip (Just whisper to the character host and they should be able to help you). Then take her to the locker and help her find it.
                    wow. this would be great for any age! i'd love for this to happen to me, or for me to make happen for a friend of mine!
                    -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by Hatter View Post
                      Well lets hear the ideas!

If us micechatters think your insane.. well then your completely bonkers, but if we think they are reasonable, then the CM's JUSSSTT might be able to do the impossible

and LOL We all have spolied children. i doubt the CMs would go and tell you your insane :P
                      She would really love to stay in the Dream Suite. Ever since we got a tour, she has been fascinated by the Goodnight Kiss in the room. She talks about it ALL of the time. I know that people don't stay in there anymore, so this one is one of those "dream the impossible dream" kind of things

The other thing she would REALLY like to do is to be able to be able to put on her little plaid outfit and give a real VIP tour. She practices every time she wears it and has the time of her life, but Daddy and Mommy aren't her idea of celebrities. Again, I can't imagine this could happen (even though she has an entertainment work permit) since they have tried to deny her entrance into the park by just having it on. I think she would love getting to tour around some kids with special needs or ones who are struggling in life. She is super compassionate and would LOVE that

I do think the Scavenger Hunt thing would be fun for her and we plan to have a very special dinner in a very special place at the park where it could end up.

I have been so incredibly lucky to have experienced so many of my own dreams at Disneyland and so many of my happiest memories from my childhood relate to things that have happened at the park. I want my daughter to experience as much of the magic as I can find for her so that she can one day tell my grandchildren and keep the magic alive
                      Last edited by emitopher; 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM. Reason: Just thought of something :)

Comment

Originally posted by emitopher View Post
                        I have been so incredibly lucky to have experienced so many of my own dreams at Disneyland and so many of my happiest memories from my childhood relate to things that have happened at the park. I want my daughter to experience as much of the magic as I can find for her so that she can one day tell my grandchildren and keep the magic alive
                        You are a wonderful parent and guide.
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Are you sure Disneyland is right for an 8-year-old? She might not be able to appreciate it in full.
                          The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega View Post
                            Are you sure Disneyland is right for an 8-year-old? She might not be able to appreciate it in full.
                            Yep, I am sure she will fully appreciate whatever we come up with, especially if I can make it involve other kids in need

She is an incredible kid, mature beyond her years but still with wonder in her heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Omega View Post
                              Wait... what?

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
                              If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
                              Giving up is never an option.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X