Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fun] If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

    Disney has given you an opportunity to fix three (and only three) things that bug you about the theming as Disneyland! :thumbup:

    What are those three specific things and what would you do?

    Here are mine...

    1. Merchandise - The first thing I would do is put land-specific merchandise back where it belongs! This really bugs me!
    2. Autopia - Those old, stinky cars do not belong in Tomorrowland! Put in electric cars that are themed to explore a far-off planet!
    3. Submarines - Move them from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland (like they did with the Matterhorn all those years ago) and exchange the Nemo theme for something fantastic!

    "Tomorrow"land is just a mess!

  • #2
    Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

    1. Merchandise
    2. Duffy merchandise in more than one shop
    3. Merchandise
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

      Can I just say Tommorowland and be done with it? lol I mean, I love most of the rides there, but they really are a mishmash of nothing making any sense with the exception of Space Mountain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

        'it's a small world''s ceiling/floor - seriously, this should have been 'fixed' in the 2008 refurb. I recall there being a thread or two about the black tiled ceiling around that time.
        Space Mountain's spires looming on Main Street. I seriously have no idea how they can fix this, as adding tall trees would shrink the already shrunk perspective of Main Street.
        Disney California Adventure - needs more California
        Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
        I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.


        "Cool shades, Mike!"

        Art Tweet Comic Tube

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

          Originally posted by simmer View Post
          'it's a small world''s ceiling/floor - seriously, this should have been 'fixed' in the 2008 refurb. I recall there being a thread or two about the black tiled ceiling around that time.
          Good one!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

            Just off the top of my head:


            1) 86 the Miley Poster at the Great Moments exit.

            2) Move the Rocket Jets at the end of Main Street back into Tomorrowland.

            3) Eliminate the Indy Fast Pass so people can once again traverse Adventureland.

            ...and so much more....
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

              1. Tomorrowland
              2. Build unbuilt plans (WRE, Dicovery Bay...)
              3. Any other rides I want in the park.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                1) 86 the Miley Poster at the Great Moments exit.
                :beg:I can already tell kids are letting her fade now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                  Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                  2. Build unbuilt plans (WRE, Dicovery Bay...)
                  3. Any other rides I want in the park.
                  I don't understand these two...what themes are these breaking?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                    I'm confused...are we talking about intentionally designed elements that violate the surrounding theme, things that are unintentional bad show, or things we just don't like? I'm seeing bits of all three already. )

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                      Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                      3) Eliminate the Indy Fast Pass so people can once again traverse Adventureland.
                      I disagree! They make it extra-adventurous to traverse Adventureland! )

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                        Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        I'm confused...are we talking about intentionally designed elements that violate the surrounding theme, things that are unintentional bad show, or things we just don't like? I'm seeing bits of all three already. )
                        Intentionally designed elements that violate theme or things that are unintentional bad show.

                        Maybe my question was too confusing?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                          Originally posted by readandburn View Post
                          I disagree! They make it extra-adventurous to traverse Adventureland! )
                          Fair enough.....

                          To elaborate on that point......Adventureland is soooo crowded with people, many of whom are just waiting for their fp time to come up, that no one can really enjoy or even see the "theme" of the area....all one can really do is try to make their way thru it in one piece

                          I'd really like to see all fp's eliminated to be quite honest....but the Indy FP is the one I hate the most(grrr)

                          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                            Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                            Fair enough.....

                            To elaborate on that point......Adventureland is soooo crowded with people, many of whom are just waiting for their fp time to come up, that no one can really enjoy or even see the "theme" of the area....all one can really do is try to make their way thru it in one piece

                            I'd really like to see all fp's eliminated to be quite honest....but the Indy FP is the one I hate the most(grrr)

                            I'm tempted to start a new thread...what's the best way to fix the Adventureland bottleneck!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: If you could instantly fix 3 things that "break theme", what would they be?

                              Originally posted by readandburn View Post
                              I don't understand these two...what themes are these breaking?
                              It's hard to explain. Just act like I never said those.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X