This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Man found injured near M&F Parking structure later dies at hospital

I found this article in this morning's OC Register. It happened last night and is an apparent suicide. How sad.

Man found near Disney parking structure diesThe Orange County Register

Re: Man found injured near M&F Parking structure later dies at hospital

wow..that's really sad.
    I don't get why someone would want to die at Disneyland.

Comment

You just never know what might push people over the edge.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Very sad. Hopefully they can identify the man soon and notify the family - and my condolences to them, of course.

Folks, don't commit suicide. But if you're going to commit suicide, don't do it at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          I found this article in this morning's OC Register. It happened last night and is an apparent suicide. How sad.

Man found near Disney parking structure diesThe Orange County Register
          You'd be surprised at how often this happens. For example, You can still see the indentation in the parking lot from when a Japanese man jumped off the Magic tower at the Disneyland Hotel.

Without going into further detail, most of the time, people commit suicide at Disneyland because they know they'll be found. Its sad, but its the equivalent of the Golden Gate Bridge to people in that frame of mind.

Comment

That is sad, I hope that person finally found peace.

Comment

Man "found" near Disney parking structure dies. Just "found" - you'll note that they don't go anywhere near the "S Word", and the story got two inches buried in the middle of the paper and will most likely quietly go away...

I love how Disney has the OC Register and other Mainstream Media thoroughly cowed - "We buy lots of advertising in your paper, but that can change depending on how we are treated by the Editorial and News staff."

(Wanders away humming the M.A.S.H. theme "Suicide is Painless" - even though it really isn't, for you and especially for those you leave behind. But that's a discussion for a different forum and a different time.)

--<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Re: Man found injured near M&amp;F Parking structure later dies at hospital

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                Man "found" near Disney parking structure dies. Just "found" - you'll note that they don't go anywhere near the "S Word", and the story got two inches buried in the middle of the paper and will most likely quietly go away...

I love how Disney has the OC Register and other Mainstream Media thoroughly cowed - "We buy lots of advertising in your paper, but that can change depending on how we are treated by the Editorial and News staff."

(Wanders away humming the M.A.S.H. theme "Suicide is Painless" - even though it really isn't, for you and especially for those you leave behind. But that's a discussion for a different forum and a different time.)

--<< Bruce >>--
                The story has absolutely NOTHING to do with Disneyland and Suicide's happen every day. Not every single suicide is front page news.

As it is, when a story involves a theme park it's overly dramatized anyway. I mean, the Pony Express thing at Knott's a couple of weeks ago made the national news. That would be like the fender bender I saw this morning being on CNN.

Comment

how sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--
                    Why would you take this sad story and turn it into an indictment of Disney, accusing them of purposely trying to cover it up? Very odd response.

You obviously didn't even read the 7 line article, it does indeed mention "suicide".

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                      Why would you take this sad story and turn it into an indictment of Disney, accusing them of purposely trying to cover it up? Very odd response.
                      Speaking of odd responses, Bruce's post didn't accuse Disney of trying to cover up anything.

He simply stated a long-known fact: Orange County's "main stream media" treats bad news about Disney with extremely delicate fingers encased in kid gloves.

The juxtaposition of Pixie Dust and suicide is human drama, tragic, and news because of its collision of emotions -- anywhere, that is, except in the Anaheim and Orlando MSM. Two inches buried in the middle of the paper is typical.

Like the home town newspaper editor in Jaws said when the shark killed the boy, "I buried it on the back page with the grocery ads."
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

This sounds a bit suspicious, not like suicide, but more like homicide or murder.

Timekeeper
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

This is sad to hear, hopefully they can identify him and contact his loved ones and tell them the tragic news, but it is kinda weird he didn't have identification on him. May he rest in peace.
                          Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
                          Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

Comment

The article doesn't say what the injuries were, which is partly why I posted this. Perhaps someone may know more details but I'm not banking on it. I am wondering if anyone saw this though. It happened last night so I'm wondering if anyone near the structure at this time would have seen police and/or paramedic vehicles or sirens.

Anyway as I said the article is not specific to the injuries. I'd assume he jumped off the top of the structure, but it also could have been a self inflicted wound of some kind. He could have jumped into the path of a car but i think the driver would have stopped. Even with a suicide note a driver could be cited for hit and run.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                              This sounds a bit suspicious, not like suicide, but more like homicide or murder.

Timekeeper
                              It mentioned foul play was not suspected.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X