Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

    I'm planning on making a trip, and I wanted to know do you guys think it will be busy if it rains?

  • #2
    Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

    Yes.
    What kind of rain is expected? Heavy or light?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

      Originally posted by sediment View Post
      Yes.
      What kind of rain is expected? Heavy or light?
      Rain predicted for Saturday is a 40% chance. Won't be heavy rain but moderate rain at best.


      The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

        First day off of school for many kids. Is Saturday a blocked day for Deluxe passes? We're still in a bit of a recession, and the one-day ticket prices are still too high for a reasonably large crowd, and fans of the Rose Bowl teams have yet to arrive....
        40K or so. Probably a 7 on the "how busy will it be" scale found in Post #1 of that thread.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

          Originally posted by sediment View Post
          First day off of school for many kids. Is Saturday a blocked day for Deluxe passes? We're still in a bit of a recession, and the one-day ticket prices are still too high for a reasonably large crowd, and fans of the Rose Bowl teams have yet to arrive....
          40K or so. Probably a 7 on the "how busy will it be" scale found in Post #1 of that thread.
          Despite the expected large crowds, I still plan on going for a short trip this Saturday.

          @ sediment:
          Deluxe passes are valid until next Wednesday. When Deluxe APs are finally blocked next week, the crazy crowds will be a mish-mash of Christmas, NYE, and Rose Bowl visitors. It's a fun time to visit, if you have the patience.

          If you can't make it out to the parks during the weekdays when the crowds are more manageable, I would just go this weekend. The crowds from here on out will in all likelihood be just as big or worse. The last day for holiday offerings is Jan. 2 (fireworks, parade, HM...), but IASW won't be closed until much later (Jan. 18) to remove the holiday overlay. Good luck!


          I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

            they said should be about 1-3 inches sat

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

              It really depends on when it rains. If it's a good rain before the park opens, then crowds tend to be a lot less than if it were to begin raining after the park opens. Once guests are in the park, they tend to stay. Yes, some do leave and get their "rain check".

              Now, the day I would avoid is the day after it rains, especially if it's not raining the next day. Cause anyone that doesn't go the day it rains, most likely will go the next day and then you have the guests that were planning on going on that day anyways. Think of what happens to fast pass when an attraction breaks down.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
                Despite the expected large crowds, I still plan on going for a short trip this Saturday.

                @ sediment:
                Deluxe passes are valid until next Wednesday. When Deluxe APs are finally blocked next week, the crazy crowds will be a mish-mash of Christmas, NYE, and Rose Bowl visitors. It's a fun time to visit, if you have the patience.

                If you can't make it out to the parks during the weekdays when the crowds are more manageable, I would just go this weekend. The crowds from here on out will in all likelihood be just as big or worse. The last day for holiday offerings is Jan. 2 (fireworks, parade, HM...), but IASW won't be closed until much later (Jan. 18) to remove the holiday overlay. Good luck!
                Last day is actually January 3rd. With New Year's Day being on a Saturday, some businesses and schools have that Monday off.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                  I'm sitting on the porch of the Palm Parlor on main street with a Peppermint mocha waiting for the rain to move in. They're making candy canes across the street, the Christmas sound loop is running, and I'm just drinking it all in before my kids are out on vacation and the madness begins. I'm probably one of the biggest advocates on this board for going to the DLR in the rain. The park certainly isn't empty today, but it's much lighter a typical Friday before the big school break. If it starts pouring, I would expect about 25 percent of the guests to either take off or head back to the hotel. It was pouring on a December Saturday last year, and the park was virtually empty as there was a forecast of 95 percent chance of rain. It really sounds like only showers tomorrow with more rain moving in over night. Bring a poncho, and hopefully the weather will drive the crowds away!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                    Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                    Last day is actually January 3rd. With New Year's Day being on a Saturday, some businesses and schools have that Monday off.
                    Thanks Donald1980 for letting me know! Yay One more day to enjoy the holidays at DLR ). The DLR calendar incorrectly listed the holiday season as Nov.12 - Jan. 2. The webmaster really needs to correct all the discrepancies on their official webpage-- especially something as significant as the calendar that guests use to plan out their visit.


                    I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                      I'm planning on going this weekend, too! Not as worried about crowds but a little nervous about shows... Do you think they'll have to cancel the parade / fireworks if there is light rainfall? Or should we just bring our umbrellas? (:
                      All it takes is a dream and a wish!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                        Hopefully this constant rain scares people away on Tues and Wed when we'll be there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                          Originally posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
                          I'm planning on going this weekend, too! Not as worried about crowds but a little nervous about shows... Do you think they'll have to cancel the parade / fireworks if there is light rainfall? Or should we just bring our umbrellas? (:
                          Bring the umbrellas and go! I watched the fireworks in POURING rain two weeks ago, and they will definitely go ahead with the show as long as the wind is not an issue. They also let Fantasmic run the same night, with a light mist that turned into a downpour mid-show. The parade is iffy. I think they'll let it go as long as it isn't pouring at the start time. I've seen it a couple of times in a heavy mist, but not if it's coming down in buckets.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                            I was there when it rained two weekends ago on a Sunday. Arrived around 5PM to a very crowded park, but the rain started coming down lightly, and, by 8PM, eventually quite heavily. The result was that the park was a ghost town by 9PM, and it was one insanely awesome night as we stayed till closing. It was seriously like having the park to ourselves. Private Jungle Cruise tour, the only people on Dumbo and riding Thunder three times in a row without getting off were among the highlights.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Do you think the parks will be busy with the rain on Saturday?

                              Update on my prediction: since it will be raining until possibly Wednesday, there will be some people out there who might otherwise "wait until it clears" decide to brave it.
                              Crowds will get worse after 12/25, when the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl fans start showing up and will (and can) brave the rain.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X