This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did America Sings have a sponsor?

I was just on one website and reading the stats about America Sings, and it said it had a sponsor, Del Monte. Does anybody have any true information about this?

I wouldn't think Dole would be happy about that, since they are rival produce importers, or was Dole after 1974?

http://uabmagic.com/UABpages/histori...p?songID=18122
    That's the link where it says.

Re: Did America Sings have a sponsor?

Del Monte did have a relationship with Disneyland at one time, but I don't remember where the brand was featured.

At one time, Disneyland even featured Coca-Cola and Pepsi simultaneously.

Comment

What a beautiful show, how dare Disney get rid of that.
      It is just plain cheapness when they get rid of these full animatronic shows. Not to mention they transfered the cheapness to Splash Mountain because they didn't want to make new animatronics. Now I am happy they preserved them but I doubt they could care less about preserving them, it was all about saving money.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
        What a beautiful show, how dare Disney get rid of that.
        It is just plain cheapness when they get rid of these full animatronic shows. Not to mention they transfered the cheapness to Splash Mountain because they didn't want to make new animatronics. Now I am happy they preserved them but I doubt they could care less about preserving them, it was all about saving money.
        I think of America sings everytime I see those three choral birds in the Splash Mountain finale...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

I have vague memories of del monte on the outside sign and nowhere else, but an audio mention by the hostess at the start of the ride. Very low key, much like the Small World sponsership you can see today.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X