Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

    How big could a third DLR park be size wise? if pumdaa and the land behind it turns into the 2nd parking structure and they find some place else to park the cast members? Disney could turn cast member parking Pongo lot and Toy story parking lot in to the third park.

  • #2
    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

    If and when Disney builds a 3rd park, it will utilize the Toy Story lot, the CM Parking lot and a few of the surrounding buildings. It would be just slightly larger than DCA is currently.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

      Approximately the size of DCA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

        Originally posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
        Approximately the size of DCA.
        ya and if done right, and the space is utilized better they could use a lot more of that space.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

          Originally posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
          How big could a third DLR park be size wise? if pumdaa and the land behind it turns into the 2nd parking structure and they find some place else to park the cast members? Disney could turn cast member parking Pongo lot and Toy story parking lot in to the third park.
          That's exactly the plan. The property that the Toy Story lot sits on is approximately 50+ acres (by comparison, Disleyland is about 80 acres and DCA is 55). This will, someday, be the home to a future third theme park. When comparing size, keep in mind that Disneyland has a greater amount of area dedicated to backstage.

          The current Pumbaa lot will become home to a 6000-ish space structure similar in size, but smaller than, the Mickey and Friends lot. This new structure will also have access to the new Anaheim Transportation Center. The assumption is that there will be a moving walkway or peoplemover-type system to get people from this structure to the area that is currently the Esplenade.

          Additionally, it's possible that Disney woudl eventually buy the troubled Gardenwalk, since this faces the future parkign structure to the north, and the future third park to the south. Currently, Disney plans to build a new hotel complex at this site, so there's some logic to Disney eventually owning the property.

          Remember, though, that this is a log ways away. While Gardenwalk hotels are a sure thing, and the Pumbaa parking structure is a likelihood by the end of the decade, Disney will not commit to any future Anaheim park until DCA becomes more financially successful and autonomous. So don't plan on seeing a third park for at least 15 years or more. But, stranger things have happenned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

            Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
            That's exactly the plan. The property that the Toy Story lot sits on is approximately 50+ acres (by comparison, Disleyland is about 80 acres and DCA is 55). This will, someday, be the home to a future third theme park. When comparing size, keep in mind that Disneyland has a greater amount of area dedicated to backstage.

            The current Pumbaa lot will become home to a 6000-ish space structure similar in size, but smaller than, the Mickey and Friends lot. This new structure will also have access to the new Anaheim Transportation Center. The assumption is that there will be a moving walkway or peoplemover-type system to get people from this structure to the area that is currently the Esplenade.

            Additionally, it's possible that Disney woudl eventually buy the troubled Gardenwalk, since this faces the future parkign structure to the north, and the future third park to the south. Currently, Disney plans to build a new hotel complex at this site, so there's some logic to Disney eventually owning the property.

            Remember, though, that this is a log ways away. While Gardenwalk hotels are a sure thing, and the Pumbaa parking structure is a likelihood by the end of the decade, Disney will not commit to any future Anaheim park until DCA becomes more financially successful and autonomous. So don't plan on seeing a third park for at least 15 years or more. But, stranger things have happenned.
            sounds like it would be bigger than Disneyland maybe 90 acres.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

              I was at the Toy Story lot last night, looking around it thinking about the idea of a third park there. It's certainly large enough. I have little doubt about it not fitting there. The unique thing is that it will have some towering surroundings what with the Convention Center and adjacent hotels and structures nearby. Will we finally get WestCot someday? DisneySEA? Something else? Who knows!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                I get all excited about this kinda stuff, then when I hear how far off it could be, my first thought is like "Man, I'll be 45 by the time they even start considering it" lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                  45 ain't all that old
                  Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad


                  Dream big. Do what you love.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                    i've no idea where the toy story parking lot is at. can someone google map it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                      Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
                      45 ain't all that old
                      I'm still coming to terms w/ being 30, let me have this one :-p

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                        I don't care if I'm on life support and dying at age 92, if that's when the third gate opens. I will be there..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                          Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                          i've no idea where the toy story parking lot is at. can someone google map it.
                          Type in this on Google Maps:

                          33.80003,-117.911947

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                            Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                            i've no idea where the toy story parking lot is at. can someone google map it.
                            Bing Maps

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How big could a the third dlr park be size wise?

                              Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
                              I get all excited about this kinda stuff, then when I hear how far off it could be, my first thought is like "Man, I'll be 45 by the time they even start considering it" lol
                              Is that like when I was younger saying "Man I'm gonna be like 40 before I work for Disney". I'm gonna turn 40 this year, and I'm about to hit my 1 year anniversary as a CM, so I guess I'm ahead of the curve :-)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X