X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Marvel-Pixar Indoor/Outdoor Water Park in Anaheim: brainstorm

Brainstorming Time!

--Open 365 days a year because even S. Californians would enjoy swimming in February.
    --Ratatouille sewer ride on foam books. Ends in Paris.
    --Incredibles ride in the villain's tunnels with that great music.
    --Cars race on rafts shaped a little like the cars.
    --Spiderman water coaster with hills and dips that replicate swinging.

That's all I got.

Re: Marvel-Pixar Indoor/Outdoor Water Park in Anaheim: brainstorm

How on earth would these fit together under one umbrella theme?

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
      I agree. These seem like alright ideas on their own, but cohesively... Hmm.
      Last edited by KEBSD; 01-29-2011, 08:07 AM.

^Art by me!
      Check out my
      Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
      You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
      Visit my
      Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
      Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Well, since Disney doesn't take fan ideas they can't make them unless you become an Imagineer.
        Keep the Marvel ideas comin' but don't let Disney have 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
          Call it "Disney's Brands We Bought Water Park."
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            I get the concept of a sunk cost, but we're talkin' about 11.4 billion here.

So theme?
            OK, Pixar and Marvel characters were visiting Raging. . . mean Wild Waters waterpark together to celebrate Bob Iger's birthday when a freak hurricane/blizzard came in and added snow and big waves. Oh, and a loop. The characters found that they could all be friends as long as they rode on water park rides and net profits increased each quarter. But look out for Magneto, Paul Pressler and Syndrome who shoot "acid metal Gap" water on guests throughout the park!

Is that really messier than DCA?
            Theme Schmeme!
            Who said it has to be a themed water park?
            What's the stoooooreeeeeee?! :beg: Waaahhhhhh!
            Insert voice of Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog: "The story is, 'Get a life!'"
            (Just kidding--really!)
            It's just a waterpark hosted by Pixar, Marvel, and Hannah Montana. Those wacky teens will eat it up!

Hmmm. How could I make it even worse?
            Last edited by jcruise86; 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              Good one.

Or
              Waterpark:
              Everything
              Super
              To
              Come
              Out
              Today

Like WDW's EPCOT, it'll be an actual city of tomorrow, but Walt's dream will be modified just a touch to reflect today's market realities and guests' desire for waterslides.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                Hmmm. How could I make it even worse?
                Justin Bieber.

Comment

^ :lol:
                  "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                  Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                  imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                    Justin Bieber.
                    But seriously,
                    wouldn't it be great if there were a place (a waterpark, a shopping mall, a Disney-Ikea combo--whatever) where Pixar & Marvel ideas could go and not affect Disney's castle parks?

I like Buzz Lightyear and his fun, addictive ride in Tomorrowland, and Woody fits in Frontierland, but Pixar ideas could use a place of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                      I like Buzz Lightyear and his fun, addictive ride in Tomorrowland, and Woody fits in Frontierland, but Pixar ideas could use a place of their own.
                      That place is called Disney California Adventure.

Comment

I don't see why everyone hates DCA so much. The thing has a theme, kind of. With a little money (just a few billion or so, only Iger's pay for about a month) they could fix it.

And I guarantee, the Imagineers probably had some brilliant overarching plan that got scrapped at the last minute to build Iger's genius idea of:

"Let's throw in some Pixar and stuff to appeal to five year olds, and then we'll build a water ride with a river right next to a barren desert with an airport, and make some sort of random paved area, oh and a Hollywood set is just a bit away. Oh, and let's have a shoestring budget. That sounds good."
                        The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit King View Post
                          I don't see why everyone hates DCA so much. The thing has a theme, kind of. With a little money (just a few billion or so, only Iger's pay for about a month) they could fix it.
                          I don't hate DCA. I was just referencing how almost all of the Pixar rides are in that park.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit King View Post

And I guarantee, the Imagineers probably had some brilliant overarching plan that got scrapped at the last minute to build Iger's genius idea of:

"Let's throw in some Pixar and stuff to appeal to five year olds, and then we'll build a water ride with a river right next to a barren desert with an airport, and make some sort of random paved area, oh and a Hollywood set is just a bit away. Oh, and let's have a shoestring budget. That sounds good."
                            Lil FYI, Mike Eisner was still running the company when DCA was created, not Bob Iger. Also, dunno why Pixar stuff apparently only appeals to 5 year olds. I always thought they were loved by people of all age groups... kinda like classic Disney.

Comment

In any case, there wasn't originally much Pixar in the park. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is It's Tough to Be a Bug, which falls more into the category of "family-friendly" than "kids only." Then came A Bug's Land, which is definitely geared toward young'uns. But since then, most of the new (permanent) Pixar elements haven't been especially infantile.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X