Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News big thunder mountain refurb update?

so i talked to a cast member the other day and it turns out that the mini refurbishment that is taking place at the end of may is to restore the swinging doors effect at the third lift hill and minor cosmetic upgrades. i thought i would pass this along to all the disney fans. this is my first post in this site.

Re: big thunder mountain refurb update?

Thats good news! Welcome to MiceChat!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Could someone explain to me what the swinging door effect is? I hope they plan on covering up those speakers that you can clearly see in the third lift hill. I noticed them in March, it may have already been fixed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
        Could someone explain to me what the swinging door effect is?
        ^ This. I can't seem to remember this effect in my 25+ years of riding BTMRR.

Comment

As you come down off the 3rd lift hill you come out of the mountain. There are doors that are now permanently open. They used to be closed and only open when a train came through them. It kept the area darker and provided an extra thrill. It hasn't worked in a VERY long time.

Thanks and welcome dizneyfreak55.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

^thank you

I wonder how long they will be down...I mean ITS SUMMER in June so hard to believe they would close the ride then (even if Star Tours and Mermaid are opening)
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I don't think it will be down long if that is their main goal. Should be up and running fairly quickly. I would think anyway.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Jerrod the OP said Minor cosmetic upgrades so I would guess it would be only closed for a few days or more nothing long term like the rumor we heard a while back.

Comment

^lets hope so
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Yes. Although it would be nice late this year or early next year for the ride to get a major overhaul. But Matterhorn could use one as well.

Comment

Isn't the third lift hill the "earthquake" sequence?
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                        Isn't the third lift hill the "earthquake" sequence?
                        Yes. Earthquake on the way up, then down the slight hill past the open doors and out. It's those doors that used to open and close.

Comment

Thanks mycroft16..
                          Never even knew that effect existed..
                          After hearing about it, I'm interested to see if it'll be put back in
                          Does it appear like your going to crash into it, then open up? or is it solely used to make the room darker?

Comment

Not certain. I've never seen it either in person. Only heard from the ol' timers about it.

Comment

From what I heard you couldn't really see the effect from the train unless you were near the front of it or from anywhere outside the ride that you could see that drop hill. Still would be cool to see that effect back in action. maybe even add some other animals to the ride.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X