Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Disney Gallery Exhibit May 13th. Art of Mary Blair.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Disney Gallery Exhibit May 13th. Art of Mary Blair.

thanks to Kim Irvine, Dave Golbeck and team, The Disney Gallery will unveil a brand new exhibit May 13 to celebrate the art of Mary Blair and 45 years of this [it's a small world] classic Disney attraction.

How exciting. I love all the art she has done for Disney parks, movies, and even her work outside Disney in children's books. I cannot wait for this exhibit. The design of IASW is the only reason it is still a staple attraction to me today. I really hope the exhibit showcases some of her beautiful concept art for Alice in Wonderland as well.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-20-2011, 12:41 PM.

Re: New Disney Gallery Exhibit May 13th. Art of Mary Blair.

I'm a huge Mary Blair fan. Looking forward to this exhibit and the associated merchandise.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

This sounds really great. That last 'exhibit' turned oput to be a big commercial for Disney Cruise Lines. I really look forward to seeing this.
      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Very cool, I love how much Disney updates the Gallery
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

FABULOUS NEWS! I do hope they include some of her personal work as well in the exhibit.

Also there is currently a new line of wonderful IASW-inspired stuff for kids:

Disneyland/Nordstrom:

the 45th anniversary of Disneyland's "it's a small world"
          A Big Celebration for Our Small World

This year marks the 45th anniversary of Disneyland's "it's a small world," a ride that champions the idea that, though often a world apart, we are connected to each other.

We've collaborated with Disney to celebrate the anniversary with a collection inspired by artist Mary Blair's original, delightful mid-century artwork and evoking Walt Disney's belief that we're united in our love for children and dreams of a better tomorrow.

Japanese Spring, the first installment of this limited-edition collection, is now available online and at your local Nordstrom store.

Plus, check back on May 9 to get contest details for a very magical Disney experience!
          Disney It's a Small World | Nordstrom
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Her art is beutiful one of a kind!! So stoked about seeing her exhibit!
            When stars are born...They possess a gift or two,
            one of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true!

Comment

Oh man. Why did my last trip for a while have to be last winter? I would love to go to this. Sigh, this is what I get for having to wait on parents to take me to Disneyland.

I wish that Nordstroms offer had things for adults. The tote bag is pretty nice, but it's kind of pricey.

Comment

i can't wait to see it in may.

Comment

I love Mary Blair's work. I love the work she did on the South America trip and I hope they include some of those pieces in the exhibit.

Comment

Wow, really looking forward to this.
                    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Oh, I hope this exhibit doesn't go away before I get to DL again. I love Mary Blair, she is one of my favorite artists.

Comment

This is going to be awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X