Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only thing I am scared of at Disneyland...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] The only thing I am scared of at Disneyland...

The only thing I am scared of at Disneyland are the canoes. :botox:
    I just have this fear of the canoe tipping over, and I get thrown overboard. I'm just afraid of dark waters, not being able to see what is ahead and how deep.

Re: The only thing I am scared of at Disneyland...

I hear you sister. I think the canoes are scary too.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

You know I always see the threads that ask is there any ride that you have never ridden and I have forgotten about this one, I have never ridden the Canoes, I am not as scared of them but never had an interest, I will have to try them sometime:0

Comment

I'm not scared of the water. Actually it would be kind of cool to say that I swam in the Rivers of America, ha. I would just be aggravated at ruining my cell phone or getting other stuff wet.

Now Monstro swimming in the water...that'd be a different story...
        Last edited by ozmacity; 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM.
        Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

Comment

Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. I'm 6 foot and if my canoe were to tip over, the ROA would go up to my waist.

Seriously, the water is so dark because they don't want to ruin the illusion of how shallow the water actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
            Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. I'm 6 foot and if my canoe were to tip over, the ROA would go up to my waist.

Seriously, the water is so dark because they don't want to ruin the illusion of how shallow the water actually is.
            i highly doubt the river is 3 feet deep..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Cool View Post
              i highly doubt the river is 3 feet deep..
              You wanna bet?

Comment

Actually it looks really, really shallow, since it only comes up about halfway on the ducks.

Seriously, I've been told by numerous cast members that it's about 5 feet deep. Judging by how it has looked when I've seen it drained on occasion, that sounds about right. Still pretty shallow.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir View Post
                  The only thing I am scared of at Disneyland are the canoes. :botox:
                  I just have this fear of the canoe tipping over, and I get thrown overboard. I'm just afraid of dark waters, not being able to see what is ahead and how deep.
                  I was afraid of the Submarine Voyage for this reason too.

Comment

Thunder Mountain. Since those accidents a few years back I've been very uneasy on the ride. I know it's totally illogical, but a lot of fears are illogical.
                    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Max is 8 to 10 feet also there are area that is 3 to five feet deep.
                      the canoe are hard to tip over Yes it can be done but will take eveyone to stand up and be on one side.
                      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                      Older photo
                      New Photo

Member of
                      MiceChat WDW Trip
                      Next trip
                      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                        Max is 8 to 10 feet also there are area that is 3 to five feet deep.
                        the canoe are hard to tip over Yes it can be done but will take eveyone to stand up and be on one side.
                        I don't believe there are any areas where it's 8 or 10 feet deep. All the photos that documented the River's rehab show pretty conclusively that it's probably only about 6 feet at its absolute deepest, probably averaging about 5. There is simply no reason to have it any deeper than it needs to be.

Comment

You would have to coordinate an entire canoe's worth of people to tip those things. I actually love the canoes. You can request a life jacket if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                            You would have to coordinate an entire canoe's worth of people to tip those things. I actually love the canoes. You can request a life jacket if you like.
                            LOL, sounds like a new micechat meet -- the tip the canoe meet....

Comment

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
                              LOL, sounds like a new micechat meet -- the tip the canoe meet....
                              I'm down to videotape that, haha. But seriously, they really are perfectly safe. The experience for me is kinda hit-and-miss though. I always enjoy doing it, but sometimes you'll get the people complaining about how much work it is, or the people that really don't know what they're doing and splash water all over you (although I guess they may just be being obnoxious).
                              "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X