Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would YOU replace Autopia with?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fun] What would YOU replace Autopia with?

    Everyone (almost everyone) is hoping for Autopia to be removed and replaced. This probably won't happen, but if it did, what would you want to see happen with that land? I would want something like SW or PM so I can try some classic DLR rides that I haven't been able to before.
    My Flickr



  • #2
    Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

    Build an entirely new land...Autopia is dated and noisy and smelly. They could keep the subs and re-theme it. and make it more of an Adventurers and Explorers theme like DisneySEA. that pad of land is so huge and severely underutilized

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

      Steam Punk land and incorporate the Nemo subs

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

        Maybe replace it with a newer version that uses something more futuristic like mag-lev technology.

        The Autopia is one of those classic Disneyland rides that just needs to be updated to make it relevant again.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

          Cut back the track and turn it into Hovertopia.
          Originally posted by williamtheking

          DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
          Originally posted by Monorailorange33
          Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
          Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
          Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
          -- that's my disney re-make of it.
          TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

            Turn into more retail and dining options... :mob:





            ...just kidding.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

              leve as is that the autiptia is beeen here in disneyland sice 1955 so dont think its going its going anywhere
              I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                ^^ if we left everything as it is in the park without changing or updating things purely out of nostalgia, we would have a very boring and outdated park. Autopia is no better than a slick track at your local Miniature Golf Park, it has no theme and that land could house 3 attractions...time to let autopia go, theres still plenty of original Walt attractions in the park
                Last edited by hyperskreem; 05-04-2011, 03:14 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                  1) I wouldn't replace it.

                  2) I'd enhance it with new electric cars and new themeing.

                  3) I'd take out the Peoplemover tracks before a ride that's still severely popular with the general public.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                    I agree with taking it down, but so many kids love it, they feel like they can drive. I want them to make the cars electric, the fumes an noise of all the cars kill ne whenever I'm riding it or in line.
                    My Flickr


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                      Maybe they should tear out the People Mover Tracks and rebuild/reroute it, make that the new Autopia with electric vehicles on an elevated track and tear out Autopia and put something worthwhile there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                        Originally posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
                        Everyone (almost everyone) is hoping for Autopia to be removed and replaced.
                        You never asked my opinion on the matter! Let's put up a poll.

                        Originally posted by Mickey Mouse Jr View Post
                        This probably won't happen, but if it did, what would you want to see happen with that land? I would want something like SW or PM so I can try some classic DLR rides that I haven't been able to before.
                        ??? People Mover tracks run right overhead in the Autopia area, so hate to break it to you... The PeopleMover Crowd can't let go of Autopia or there goes the whole neighborhood.

                        Originally posted by hyperskreem View Post
                        Build an entirely new land...Autopia is dated and noisy and smelly. They could keep the subs and re-theme it. and make it more of an Adventurers and Explorers theme like DisneySEA. that pad of land is so huge and severely underutilized
                        I'm all for futuristic HKDL style landscaping and electric cars and a GM VOLT or HONDA INSIGHT sponsorship.

                        Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                        Maybe replace it with a newer version that uses something more futuristic like mag-lev technology.

                        The Autopia is one of those classic Disneyland rides that just needs to be updated to make it relevant again.
                        +1

                        Originally posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
                        leve as is that the autiptia is beeen here in disneyland sice 1955 so dont think its going its going anywhere
                        And for kids who dream of driving their own cars when they're adults, what could be more TOMORROWistic?

                        Originally posted by hyperskreem View Post
                        ^^ if we left everything as it is in the park without changing or updating things purely out of nostalgia, we would have a very boring and outdated park. Autopia is no better than a slick track at your local Miniature Golf Park, it has no theme and that land could house 3 attractions...time to let autopia go, theres still plenty of original Walt attractions in the park
                        Bah! No way.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                          Originally posted by MainStreetJake View Post
                          1) I wouldn't replace it.

                          2) I'd enhance it with new electric cars and new themeing.

                          3) I'd take out the Peoplemover tracks before a ride that's still severely popular with the general public.
                          Excellent work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                            ^^^That wouldn't work, unless you want like 2 hour lines, since there only is one lane. I wish it would work but sadly it won't.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What would YOU replace Autopia with?

                              Originally posted by hyperskreem View Post
                              ^^ if we left everything as it is in the park without changing or updating things purely out of nostalgia, we would have a very boring and outdated park. Autopia is no better than a slick track at your local Miniature Golf Park, it has no theme and that land could house 3 attractions...time to let autopia go, theres still plenty of original Walt attractions in the park
                              and yet people hate the changes many classic attractions are getting...Pirates anyone?


                              back to Auto though I feel it really just needs a re-theme to make it once again the highways of tomorrow

                              ...seriously

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X