This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

Some depressing news from the Disney Parks Blog today. Looks like Goofy's Sky School will not be ready to open until July 1st. This is after they earlier confirmed that it would in fact be opening with Little Mermaid and Star Tours .

Paradise Pier Transformation to be Complete July 1
    The other depressing thing is that they say that the transformation of Paradise Pier will be "complete" on July 1st. I sure how that isn't true. The whole back half of Paradise Pier is a mess and still needs some major work. Far too many Paul Pressler era unthemed queues and tacky shops remain. The Fun Wheel and Screamin' need themed queues at the very least.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

It's too bad I won't be able to ride/visit GSS or the new food area during my trip next month - but that just means I'll have to start planning another trip!

As for Paradise Pier being "complete", I view that as a "everything we have announced and is currently under construction will be complete for the summer". I have no doubt that the other areas will be updated, but it's just not their #1 priority right now.
    Follow me on Twitter: Steveo1485

The countdown is on! Back in the parks in early June!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
      The other depressing thing is that they say that the transformation of Paradise Pier will be "complete" on July 1st. I sure how that isn't true. The whole back half of Paradise Pier is a mess and still needs some major work. Far too many Paul Pressler era unthemed queues and tacky shops remain. The Fun Wheel and Screamin' need themed queues at the very least.
      I think all they really need is some better shade for their queues and they will be fine. It doesn't have to be some piece of elaborate theming. It can simply be a roof that looks similar to the surrounding buildings.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

-_-

Comment

Originally posted by Lightstar View Post
          It's too bad I won't be able to ride/visit GSS or the new food area during my trip next month - but that just means I'll have to start planning another trip!

As for Paradise Pier being "complete", I view that as a "everything we have announced and is currently under construction will be complete for the summer". I have no doubt that the other areas will be updated, but it's just not their #1 priority right now.
          Exactly, the stores won't be worked on until after 2012, but by then, they will probably have plans to use that space for a new attraction, so rumors say. Same with everything else. It's not really their priority right now, and they know it needs work, but for now, this will all be complete. Come on, we need a break from the walls don't we?

Comment

What's been done in PP is beautiful, but that leaves roughly half of it still untouched, save for paint.

Comment

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Comment

Eh... It's just the same ride with a new coat of paint. No new tricks or add-ons. So, this doesn't really bother me.

But, wish the restaurants weren't delayed. Family trip in the middle of June and was looking forward to trying some new food.

Yes, calsig31, some shade for lines would be nice.

AND FOR PETE SAKE GET RID OF THOSE STUPID ARBORS IN THE WORLD OF COLOR VIEWING AREA!!! They do little for the aesthetics during the day and block peoples view of the show!!!

Comment

Kind of disappointing for sure. I was hoping to get to enjoy it next time I'm there (early June). It looked like they were testing the ride vehicles on Tuesday afternoon.

Comment

Would take having a quality area over a quick insufficient fix. Make sure it's done right, don't skip corners.

Comment

I don't see why it's taking so long in the first place, isn't it just new paint and theming?
                      Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

Comment

I'm not surprised...but I wonder who's idea it was to get people all excited for a June opening! Seems like there is a lack of communication somewhere.
                        Well Gawrsh!

Comment

Now now now, don't get your panties in a bunch. Everything up until next year is stage one; I'm hearing that several "goodies" are still planned after the marketing angle on the park expires. A reformation of the south side has never been in the cards for 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGoof View Post
                            I'm not surprised...but I wonder who's idea it was to get people all excited for a June opening! Seems like there is a lack of communication somewhere.
                            No. Not at all. It's called "really heavy rains." They kept them from doing a lot of the site work that was being done in there at the time and put the whole schedule back. It didn't affect TLM because the building was enclosed by then and they could continue working despite the weather.

There was no lack of communication at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

... and here I thought my opinion about Paradise Pier was in the minority here on Micechat. I love how they're making a big hoopla over something that was supposed to be "temporary". I'm not good with the tea leaves but it is beginning to sound like the Sky School will have a much longer lifespan than previously announced. Gee no one saw that coming...

The other mention of Paradise Pier being "completed" also isn't shocking news. I doubt they'll do a queue for Fun Wheel since it went through a refurb. As annoying as Screamin's queue and fastpass are they'll likely be ignored. Heck some don't see any issue with the carousel's stunning lack of any detail. TSMM was shocking because unlike the rest of the land, it actually has Victorian detail. As previously stated... this whole area refurb was about slapping Characters on everything not adding a detailed character to the overall land. I'm sure we'll see a surplus of "Disney shouldn't do an amusement park" comments shortly. My point is that Disney isn't even trying. This will be the DCA equivalent to ToonTown.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X