Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Video Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

    YouTube - ‪Cars Land Virtual Fly-Through at Disney California Adventure Park‬‏

    Let me know what you guys think.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

    Nice general idea video. Very cool. Can't wait to see the final product with all the different textures, trees, landscaping, colors, etc..

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

      Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
      Nice general idea video. Very cool. Can't wait to see the final product with all the different textures, trees, landscaping, colors, etc..
      yeah thought it gave a good idea of what to expect, i wish is could tell which buildings and areas where the rides will be
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

        I personally think they should have waited to release it until they would have added some landscaping items, such as bushes/trees to give it more life. This video looks kinda underwhelming, not like if Disney Imagineers created it at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

          I'm personally not happy with the idea of Carsland at all. It quite frankly looks like a dump (as intended), not something that DCA needs right now. The budget wont help save a bad idea.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

            Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
            I'm personally not happy with the idea of Carsland at all. It quite frankly looks like a dump (as intended), not something that DCA needs right now.
            I agree. I think the land works on paper, but not in DCA. I feel the same way about A Bug's Land. I love the theming and look of the land. Its cute. The rides are meh, but they fit in the land. but it doesnt work in the whole of the Park.

            And I still think they should name the land Radiator Springs, not Carsland.

            And wasn't the research for the movie done on AZ stretches of Rt. 66?
            The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

            Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

              Originally posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
              I agree. I think the land works on paper, but not in DCA. I feel the same way about A Bug's Land. I love the theming and look of the land. Its cute. The rides are meh, but they fit in the land. but it doesnt work in the whole of the Park.

              And I still think they should name the land Radiator Springs, not Carsland.

              And wasn't the research for the movie done on AZ stretches of Rt. 66?
              If carsland is to work, they would need to radically redesign the street from what is represented in the film. If you remember, the town gets fixed at the end of the story. Since this is 2 years in the future why can't this be an idealized version? Why copy something that was purposely designed to be ugly and barren to begin with?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                If carsland is to work, they would need to radically redesign the street from what is represented in the film. If you remember, the town gets fixed at the end of the movie. Since this is 2 years in the future why can't this be an idealized version? Why copy something that was purposely designed to be ugly and barren to begin with?
                it gives it more character?
                The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

                Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                  Looks exactly like Radiator Springs in the movie. So much so in fact, that it looks more like the beginning stages of animating/designing RS when they were making the MOVIE, not Carsland.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                    Yeah, the limited textures leave a lot to be desired, but it does give us some idea of layout. Also, I'm surprised they didn't find a place for the Racing Museum from the film's epilogue. Unless I didn't notice it.
                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                    sigpic
                    Flickr

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                      When did they say it would be the run down version from the beginning of the film? By the way they described it, I was under the impression it would be like it was at the end of the film.

                      I hope they border the back of the buildings on the left side with trees to partially obscure Tower of Terror.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                        I'm interested to see the real thing, of course, but I think it was a mistake to build a "land" around a long, straight road that doesn't give a good view of any ride, attraction or anything else until you are right next to it. Hollywood Backlot shows evidence of this problem, and it's a lot shorter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                          Curious to see the real thing. Hm.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                            Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                            I'm interested to see the real thing, of course, but I think it was a mistake to build a "land" around a long, straight road that doesn't give a good view of any ride, attraction or anything else until you are right next to it. Hollywood Backlot shows evidence of this problem, and it's a lot shorter.
                            I'm actually glad you can't see the attraction, it allows for more theming. Main Street, U.S.A. is a land based on a long, straight road with no attractions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Carsland Virtual Flyby, watch video to see it!!

                              I think this was a waste of money. it's nothing special.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X