This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Flying Saucers

I'm not sure how many people have seen this but I thought it was pretty cool. Here is some video of the Disneyland Flying Saucers...

http://boingboing.net/2005_01_01_archive.html
    Great Odin's raven!

Re: Disneyland Flying Saucers

Wow! It's been many years since I've seen the saucers. Well... it was when I rode them as a kid. I really loved the ride. You had to lean to move. It's funny watching the people who just sit upright bouncing up and down. If you did it right, you could careen around pretty good. Thanks!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I have the poster to this attraction but that's it.
      Looks/looked cool, though.

Comment

You can see it in action, during its opening day, during the Disneyland 10th anniversary show in the Disney Treasures Disneyland DVD.

Comment

That took a while to load, but it was worth it. It's surprising that more of the guests didn't figure out how to make the saucers move about.
          Charlie :wave:
          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
            That took a while to load, but it was worth it. It's surprising that more of the guests didn't figure out how to make the saucers move about.
            I know they look really silly moving around wondering how to move the saucers!
            Great Odin's raven!

Comment

I love BoingBoing! Cory, Mark, Zeni and David are really swell people... I remember when this was originally posted there. Any other BB fans around?

Comment

Ladies and Gentleman, the worlds biggest air hockey game! lol

I remember the Flying Saucers vividly, if only because they were shut down the year I would've been big enough to ride a saucer by myself. Oh the trauma of it all!!!
                Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
                  I love BoingBoing! Cory, Mark, Zeni and David are really swell people... I remember when this was originally posted there. Any other BB fans around?
                  Guilty as charged...BB is one of my biggest time sinks. In a response to my fan letter about how awesome Down & Out in the Magic Kingdom is, Cory told me that at one point in the early '90s his only form of photo ID was a DL AP. So, he's one of us

Comment

ummm...that ride looks really boring. I guess it was cool back in the day?

Comment

It was really that dull. And they broke a lot, making it difficult to either stay in the air or move or steer.

Comment

Really cool! Thanks for the link BC. I thought I remember reading somewhere about the ride shutting down from the airflow in rainy conditions would do some strange things.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X