This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Hotel History at D23 Expo

I have been honored by Disney with the opportunity of delivering a presentation at D23 Expo on the history of the Disneyland Hotel. My presentation will be based on our amazing vault find last December of over 600 new (old) photographs, many of which I have shared with you all here at Micechat Forums and nine vintage films all on the history of the Disneyland Hotel. On Friday the 19th of August at 9:30 a.m., I will present my program on Stage 28. I will also be releasing my new book at Expo and have been given a book signing time slot of 3:30 also on Friday the 19th. I would love to meet you and also sign the book if you like as well as chat Hotel history. I do plan on stopping by the Micechat booth to hopefully meet many of you so please drop by and say hello. The new book is amazing with over 300 photographs most of which have not been seen in over 50 years.
    sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Re: Disneyland Hotel History at D23 Expo

Wow! Congratulations! I saw this listed on the D23 schedule this morning and I thought, "What a neat panel!" I'll definitely be stopping by!

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
      Wow! Congratulations! I saw this listed on the D23 schedule this morning and I thought, "What a neat panel!" I'll definitely be stopping by!
      I would be thrilled to meet you.

Comment

Awesome! Totally awesome! Way to go, oldhotelguy! Definitely looking forward to your new book!

Comment

I saw that panel and wondered if you had anything to do with it! Great news. I look forward to it. And "break a leg"..
          Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I am looking forward to this. It will be the first thing I attend at the Expo!

Comment

Now I wish I was going....
              Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
              Tour the Walt Disney Studios
              Work for Disney

Comment

Congrats! I'm so envious of those who are able to see this.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

I loved the old hotel shops! I still have an antique-white and gold jewerly box my parents bought for me at Ruggles Gift Shop. I also remember the large toy store that was down a level.

We will be in a booth just down from MiceChat. I hope to get to see you!
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

What would be really nice is, if you like the presentation, please let someone from D23 know that you enjoyed it. This will help me to bring future presentations and events for you all. Please let them know. My book signing will be from 3:30 to 4:15 or it will be extended if there is interest (meaning a long line). This may sound like a shameless plug but, I would be thrilled to have a long line and again, it would let the D23 folks (and the Hotel folks) know that you the public are interested in Disneyland Hotel history. I have TONS more stuff I want to share with you but it's a lot of work and the interest from you has to be there and voiced. Please let them know. The presentation has incredible footage as well as still images. I am so happy with the way the presentation and the book have turned out.

Comment

I would definitely attend this if I had anyway of going to the expo. Great to see a panel on the hotel! She deserves all the exposure she can get. Hope it goes well.

Comment

I'll try and be there.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                          I'll try and be there.
                          Please introduce yourself.

Comment

Alright. I'm only 14 and I'll be with my mom for a trip before school starts.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

OLDHOTELGUY ... Is the Bonita Tower Waterfalls going to be in your revue? And will your presentation show up, later, on Youtube?
                              Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-06-2011, 01:50 AM.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X