Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpkins

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpkins

---------- Post added 10-29-2011 at 10:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added 10-29-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

Re: NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpki

I love the lit bottles. They remind me of Mama Odie's house in the Princess and the Frog.

Comment

Re: NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpki

Thanks for the photos!

New Orleans Square looked at lot nicer when they had all the ornaments hanging above the strreet. It looks real plain (and cheaper) with just a single strand of lights zig zagging back and forth.

And yes, the colored bottles reminded me of Madame Odie's, too. But it really looks blah, compared to most of the other decorations. And I'm not sure I like the "drapery" decorations on the old Disney gallery location either.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Nice photos. I always like seeing the pumpkins back there. I stopped back there on October 28th just before the Halloween Party. Here's a few of my pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkins-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	7338761

Name:	Pumpkins-2.jpg
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	7338762

Name:	Pumpkins-3.jpg
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	7338763

Name:	Pumpkins-4.jpg
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	7338764

Name:	Pumpkins-5.jpg
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	7338765

Name:	Pumpkins-6.jpg
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	7338766

Name:	Pumpkins-7.jpg
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	7338767

Name:	Pumpkins-8.jpg
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	7338768

Name:	Pumpkins-9.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	7338769

Name:	Pumpkins-10.jpg
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	7338770

Name:	Pumpkins-11.jpg
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	7338771

Name:	Pumpkins-12.jpg
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	7338772

Name:	Pumpkins-13.jpg
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	7338773
        Also check out:
        Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Joe's Epic Tokyo Disneyland Trip Report - 15 days
        Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

Or visit my blog at http://flowerstales.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love the pumpkins! this is my favorite time of year to visit BTR. They give me to many ideas! I want to go and get another pumpkin to do the hidden mickey one. And love the Fantasia and Si and Am one.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't care for the bottles.
            Looks cheap.
            I'd expect to see that in a bar (personally).
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

I think some of the decor is really pretty, but the bottles just look like bottles, perhaps if they were just holiday colors they'd look a bit more festive. And had that moon man always been in the wreath because he's really creepy!

Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

..nice pictures...thanks for posting..

Comment

I think it looks really plain and I don't like the bottles. Are they finished decorating NOS or do they still have more to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                    I think it looks really plain and I don't like the bottles. Are they finished decorating NOS or do they still have more to go?
                    I would hope there is more.
                    Halloween is still going on
                    so hopefully once Monday is done, more will happen in NOS.
                    Hopefully the bottles won't return next year (it looks like someone was out in the middle of the desert and mixed some bottles with branches and called it a day).
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Eh I'm probably in the minority but I like the bottles. That balcony right there is the voodoo one where you hear the bells and old voodoo woman chat and see all the weird knick knacks strewn about and the mask hanging on the wall behind the balcony. The bottles are like a clever way of keeping with the individuality of this space. Guess most don't see this. I also like the more simple use of drape like decorations and do NOT miss those oversized ornaments over the street. And the drunk moon thing in the wreath is new but just as creepy as the drunk alligator and elves they've had in years past.

Comment

You guys do understand that the garland with the bottles is on the voodoo woman's patio. Empty bottles are a voodoo thing, as seen in Princess and the Frog, so that garland is actually themed really nicely. And if you think it's that​ bad, don't go back there.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                          You guys do understand that the garland with the bottles is on the voodoo woman's patio. Empty bottles are a voodoo thing, as seen in Princess and the Frog, so that garland is actually themed really nicely. And if you think it's that​ bad, don't go back there.
                          This. I find it rather clever and very well themed and thought out. Shows they put more thought into theming them just throwing up garland.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
                            This. I find it rather clever and very well themed and thought out. Shows they put more thought into theming them just throwing up garland.
                            Exactly. If you look closely at each strand of garland and decor, they all match the existing colors of each building and relate to the people "living" in the upper stories. Above the caricature artists, there is usually some musical instruments and sheet music on the balcony. As you can see in Ron's pictures, that balcony features musical notes and instruments throughout the garland and decor. Same idea with the voodoo lady's bottles. They aren't cheap, in fact, they bring a huge level of class to the area as it shows attention to detail and theming and its best.

Comment

Actually, I DID notice right away that it was the voodoo lady's balcony and I realize what they were going for. Still don't care for it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X