Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

Well surprisingly to me at least, after only 4 days, my Phineas and Ferb pumpkins were moldy and starting to collapse.
    You can check those out here: Phineas and Ferb. Before they got moldy I mean. Pictures after the fact would be gross.

With a few days still to go before Halloween, the porch was looking empty. So off to the store again to grab some more pumpkins. This time the theme was Winnie the Pooh. After just having gotten back from Japan and riding the most excellent Winnie the Pooh Hunny Hunt ride, we thought this would be a great theme (my Japan trip report will be posted as soon as I get through all the photos).

And of course, I had to have another Mickey to top everything off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	7366820

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-1.jpg
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	7366817

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-2.jpg
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	7366818

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-3.jpg
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	7366819

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-5.jpg
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	7366821

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-7.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	7366823

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-6.jpg
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	7366822

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-8.jpg
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	7366824

Name:	Pooh Pumpkins-9.jpg
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	7366825

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! And I'm hoping to see a few more Disney pumpkins.
    Also check out:
    Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Joe's Epic Tokyo Disneyland Trip Report - 15 days
    Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

Or visit my blog at http://flowerstales.blogspot.com/

Re: My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

These are great! I wish I had your talent, my Mickey Pumpkin I made a last weekend for a family trip to Joshua Tree turned out nowhere near as great as those masterpeices!
    Visits to the Disneyland Resort on current Annual Pass: 23... Times Performed at the DLR: 2
    Next predicted visit to the Disneyland Resort: ???
    :ap:
    Proud Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Passholder :ap:
    :meet:
    Number of Fantasmic Showings watched: 4 :meet:

Comment

Re: My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

Those are very nice.

I use the fake pumpkins from Michaels and we carve them because I hate from the kids to go to all that work to have it rot
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice work on those pumpkins. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years, Due to the cost of the pumpkins, and the cleaning up the mess after Halloween is over.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Those are great! When I actually do carve pumpkins (this year I'm not) I go all out and spend like 2 hours per pumpkin. It's such a labor of love.

Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I might as well show off ours as well. These are fake pumpkins. The Mickey one isn't quite as dark colored in person.

Comment

I remembered as a kids, every house on my street would decorate Halloween stuff. Nowadays, it seems that a lot of houses are not carving pumpkin or put up decoration.

I never knew that there is a template for pumpkin.

Overall very nicely done.

I remembered the last time I saw your thread was when you did Walt Disney world and Disneyland on the same day.
              My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
              http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Originally posted by NetteNutt View Post
                Those are very nice.

I use the fake pumpkins from Michaels and we carve them because I hate from the kids to go to all that work to have it rot
                I've tried those before when I was only carving skin deep pumpkins. That's a good idea though. I'll have to stop by Michael's and see if they have 50% off on pumpkins on Tuesday.

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                Very nice work on those pumpkins. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years, Due to the cost of the pumpkins, and the cleaning up the mess after Halloween is over.
                I was fully expecting pumpkin prices to be really high this year. I had heard (through who knows where, and probably incorrect) that 50% of the pumpkin harvest was lost due to frost.

I had really good luck though. The Phineas and Ferb ones were $4 each, and the Pooh ones were $3.33. Not bad at all.

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                Those are great! When I actually do carve pumpkins (this year I'm not) I go all out and spend like 2 hours per pumpkin. It's such a labor of love.
                It is a labor of love. And half of it is just the fun times you have with the people you're carving with. In the past, we've had parties with lots of people coming over to carve. We were in Japan 7 days before though, so the invite was too late for everyone.

Originally posted by Low Saturn View Post
                I might as well show off ours as well. These are fake pumpkins. The Mickey one isn't quite as dark colored in person.

Nice job on the Funkins. I like seeing what other people have done. Looks like you've got quite the collection.

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
                I remembered as a kids, every house on my street would decorate Halloween stuff. Nowadays, it seems that a lot of houses are not carving pumpkin or put up decoration.

I never knew that there is a template for pumpkin.

Overall very nicely done.

I remembered the last time I saw your thread was when you did Walt Disney world and Disneyland on the same day.
                This is my first year owning a house of my own, so I'm really looking forward to finally being able to put up decorations for all the major holidays.

That was a really fun day doing both parks. I've linked to that in my signature.

My next big adventure was going to Japan and going to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea for 7 days. Once I go through all the photos, I'll be posting a trip report. You can see all the Halloween photos I took while I was there on this thread. http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-dis...pic-heavy.html
                Also check out:

Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

Comment

I figured I would give a go too

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	7338775
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejack View Post
                    I figured I would give a go too

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15294[/ATTACH]
                    Nice! I like the Little Mermaid one in particular. The silhouette looks great on a pumpkin.

Can I get a hint on what the 2nd from the left is?
                    Also check out:

Comment

Originally posted by mre200200 View Post
                      Nice! I like the Little Mermaid one in particular. The silhouette looks great on a pumpkin.

Can I get a hint on what the 2nd from the left is?
                      Thank you, I am glad you enjoy them as much as I do - The second one from the left is my only non-Disney pumpkin; It's a a panda

Comment

i wish i could curve a pumpkin and come out sort of recognizable maybe one year i can practice curving fake pumpkins all year until they come out great but for now i'll keep buying the fake already lit up ones from the store Great pumpkins

:whistling
                        It's a music Celebration
                        Come on, come on, come on
                        Strike up the band,
                        Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                        Come on, come on, come on
                        Move and clap your hands,
                        Get into the Spirit
                        Let everyone hear it,
                        So come on, come on

:whistling
                        Step into the Magic