Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

    I was reading about some woman that tried to sue Disney about a fight she got into at the Mad Tea Party. She claimed that Disney was negligent...blah blah blah. She didnt get anything but embarassed in court but anyways, I want to know if Disney can or has blacklisted anyone from the coming to the parks. I used to work in a customer service environment and I knew of managers that had certain customers blacklisted from even entering the building based on previous ridiculousness they had caused in the store.

    Does Disney do this??? If not, they should!
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

  • #2
    Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

    I know my nephew got his annual pass taken away from him for smoking marijuana in the parking lot. Unfortunately I have no clue if that means he couldn't get in if he just bought a regular day ticket. But I do know things like that do happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

      As a teenager, my dad was kicked out of the Park multiple times for spitting on the Skyway and other stupid things like that.....

      No idea if someone could be blacklisted, though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

        The answer to the question is, yes. People can be banned from the parks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

          Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
          The answer to the question is, yes. People can be banned from the parks.
          Do you have any idea what types of offenses could lead to this?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

            I know of some aggressive and abusive pin traders that have been banned.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

              I wish they would ban some of the people who act like morons. Swearing throughout the park, making out, the list goes on....
              Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                If you buy a ticket online and go direct to the turn styles I don't see how they could keep someone from randomly going in. I know they can ban AP'er from going in or buying another AP but a one day park ticket doesn't require a name to buy it. I don't know much but in my humble opinion, I'm guessing banning a person is an urban myth.

                (yes, an obnoxious pin trader could be banned because they stand out in a crowd if they are pin trading)
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                  How could they ban someone from the park? Do they ask for ID when purchasing a regular ticket? I've been an AP for so long now I've forgotten the normal procedure of purchasing a ticket.
                  "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                    Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                    If you buy a ticket online and go direct to the turn styles I don't see how they could keep someone from randomly going in. I know they can ban AP'er from going in or buying another AP but a one day park ticket doesn't require a name to buy it. I don't know much but in my humble opinion, I'm guessing banning a person is an urban myth.

                    (yes, an obnoxious pin trader could be banned because they stand out in a crowd if they are pin trading)
                    You are correct, but I'm pretty sure it's done like a restraining order to where if they are caught on property then then could face criminal charges or at least escorted off property by police or security. Of course this is just me guessing on how and what happens.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                      Originally posted by cpuJesse View Post
                      I was reading about some woman that tried to sue Disney about a fight she got into at the Mad Tea Party.
                      That fight actually happened at WDW, not Disneyland. And it happened 2 or 3 years ago I believe.

                      And I actually have a friend who was banned from Disneyland for a couple years. I can't remember what it is she did to earn that though. I just remember her mentioning she had been banned from the park for 2 years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                        Not ban per say, but revoke the right of someone to purchase/use an annual pass. Only reason I've know them to do so are violent crimes in the park. Ie, assault a CM, current pass is revoked for remainder of year and you can not purchase a new one until one year after expiration of said AP.

                        Thought with all the ways you have to buy an AP now without a ticketing CM directly involved in the transaction, I see this as being harder to catch now. I suppose if you get caught with your revocation still in effect, they would also revoke the new AP you bought.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                          Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                          You are correct, but I'm pretty sure it's done like a restraining order to where if they are caught on property then then could face criminal charges or at least escorted off property by police or security. Of course this is just me guessing on how and what happens.
                          I worked at a venue where a few people were banned, and that's how it worked at our place. It wasn't Disney but I'm sure that they might have something similar. The people who were banned were generally those who had committed actual crimes--they had either stalked/harassed performers or they had been violent or made threats. The venue was legally allowed to refuse service to them, and they often had restraining orders that prohibited them from coming within x feet of the venue.

                          They were very, very serious about keeping these people out once they were blacklisted. They gave photos and very detailed descriptions of the bls to the staff, and anyone who saw them on property had to call security immediately. There was one woman who was stalking a performer and she did end up getting arrested that way...she showed up again and someone recognized her.
                          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                            Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            That fight actually happened at WDW, not Disneyland. And it happened 2 or 3 years ago I believe.

                            And I actually have a friend who was banned from Disneyland for a couple years. I can't remember what it is she did to earn that though. I just remember her mentioning she had been banned from the park for 2 years.
                            yes, it was in 2008 but the verdict in her case was finally decided within the last day or so. The jury decided that Disney was not at fault and that she would get nothing.

                            The only reason I asked this question is because, obviously, Disney has all of her info and could blacklist her and the other guilty party, if they wanted to. I would.
                            "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does Disney blacklist anyone from the parks?

                              If I'm not mistaken, wasn't John Lennon or another member of The Beatles banned from Disneyland for some time?




                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X