Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

    I'd always liked this little tune Three Little Pigs Medley - YouTube

    ... but couldn't place it, until I found this unfamiliar "Silly Symphonies" cartoon Funny Little Bunnies - YouTube

    I just think it's interesting that this melody got thrown in to the carousel mix, as it's (at least to me) very obscure!

  • #2
    Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

    Keep in mind that the music was chosen in 1982, when Disney had about half as many animated features to choose from.

    Also, this arrangement is from a time when the band organ behind Dumbo worked. There is a different arrangement of the same tune playing today.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

      ^^^ Interesting! That brings up another question. Did the band organ actually produce the music originally, or was it just a prop -- with the music coming from speakers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

        Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
        Keep in mind that the music was chosen in 1982, when Disney had about half as many animated features to choose from.
        Here is one of my favorites: The 1992 "Whole New World" from Aladdin.


        LINK
        Disneyland Carrousel Aladdin Music - YouTube

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

          I'm still wondering why they picked out the "Funny Little Bunnies" song. Seems like they could have just expanded on other more familiar tunes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

            Originally posted by Werner View Post
            ^^^ Interesting! That brings up another question. Did the band organ actually produce the music originally, or was it just a prop -- with the music coming from speakers?
            Yes, it actually played for a number of years after the FL remodel. It is what we believe to be a Gebruder Bruder Olympia model organ. It was converted to what was then a state of the art digital playing system that took the place of the original book music system. The organ was miked and the music piped throughout FL. When it came time to releather the chests the decision was made to just use the recordings that they had made instead and placed speakers in the room with it. Now they don't even use that, having made a new loop using the samples made from a Belgian Dance Hall organ that was in a private collection in San Diego County (the organ is now back in Europe). The samples were originally used for the Paradise Pier loop,featuring all California themed songs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Very obscure King Arthur Carousel music

              Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Yes, it actually played for a number of years after the FL remodel. It is what we believe to be a Gebruder Bruder Olympia model organ. It was converted to what was then a state of the art digital playing system that took the place of the original book music system. The organ was miked and the music piped throughout FL. When it came time to releather the chests the decision was made to just use the recordings that they had made instead and placed speakers in the room with it. Now they don't even use that, having made a new loop using the samples made from a Belgian Dance Hall organ that was in a private collection in San Diego County (the organ is now back in Europe). The samples were originally used for the Paradise Pier loop,featuring all California themed songs.
              A ha! I love these details -- thank you for sharing them with us! If anyone has any insight into why they picked out that "Funny Little Bunnies" song, I'd love to know that, too.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X