This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeless man wearing parking lot costume jacket

Dh and I were out with the kids tonight shopping(we live in riverside) and we were pulling out of a shopping center and there was this homeless man walking and talking to himself and dh said "hey isnt that a PL jacket" and I looked and sure enough he had the long winter coat costume on.

So much for the "honor" system for cm's and their fast track.

(dh and I are former cast members ourselves)
    www.reveles.net
    "a whole lot of nothin"

Re: Homeless man wearing parking lot costume jacket

Maybe it's another victim of Presenteeism.

Oh well, more charitable that they give it to a homeless guy than sell it on eBay for a tidy profit.

Comment

Originally posted by piratesmom
      Dh and I were out with the kids tonight shopping(we live in riverside) and we were pulling out of a shopping center and there was this homeless man walking and talking to himself and dh said "hey isnt that a PL jacket" and I looked and sure enough he had the long winter coat costume on.

So much for the "honor" system for cm's and their fast track.

(dh and I are former cast members ourselves)
      There could be few different reasons reasons how the jacket came to be with the homeless man. The first is like you said, another is it could be the jacket was in the back of a CM's car and someone broke into the car andtook it.
      Somewhere in SF there is a person who is walking around with a jacket that belongs to Heavenly Ski resort (at Lake Tahoe).
      THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Or maybe the CM saw him and the Christmas Spirit took hold and he gave him his jacket because the man was cold. I like to assume the best of people
        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
        Help support the site you love:
        -Visit the MiceChat store
        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I agree with the previous posters. I feel it's wrong to immediately assume the "honor" system was tossed into the garbage bin, and that the CM was acting irresponsibly, regarding the costume.

If the CM were inclined to "steal" the coat in the first place, I highly doubt the coat would then be donated to an organization or charity that supplied clothing to folks in need. More likely, the coat was legitimately lost or stolen, and eventually ended up with the man seen wearing it.
          "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
            Maybe it's another victim of Presenteeism.
            This line bothers me. There are no victims to presenteeism other than the cast members that feel they have to quit because of cast members getting fired for excessive points failed to be responsible. I do have a sense of pity for those cast members that must work overtime to cover shifts left vacant because someone didn't show up or called out so they could hit the beach instead of doing a job which they signed up for. And if they quit they aren't a victim. They made a personal decision to leave.
            Last edited by NavyCopSB; 12-11-2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
              Or maybe the CM saw him and the Christmas Spirit took hold and he gave him his jacket because the man was cold. I like to assume the best of people
              I'm with you DQ. This time of the year it's better to give than to receive. And it's been cold lately too!
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

:ap: I agree, as cold as it has been recently (this is Ca., and for us it is cold) I'm glad he has a coat and some warmth. :ap:
                ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCopSB
                  This line bothers me. There are no victims to presenteeism other than the cast members that feel they have to quit because of cast members getting fired for excessive points failed to be responsible. I do have a sense of pity for those cast members that must work overtime to cover shifts left vacant because someone didn't show up or called out so they could hit the beach instead of doing a job which they signed up for. And if they quit they aren't a victim. They made a personal decision to leave.
                  That line struck me the wrong way, too. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X