This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters Inc. Soft openings

I will be at the resort, next week the 19th thru 23rd, does anyone know if there''s any truth to the rumors Monster INc. will have soft opening towards the end of DEC. more importantly, the times I wiill be there???

Thanks
    Addicted2disney

Re: Monsters Inc. Soft openings

Maybe, not sure though

Comment

Last I heard, they stopped doing the CM previews, as they haven't completed the ride, and are still working on the inside of it.

The outer construction area is coming along nicely, and might be opened to the public this weekend.

But as for guests being allowed to preview the ride. I seriously doubt it.

They need to finish the ride, then allow CM's to ride the attraction for a few reasons, first is to the test the ride, and look for problems. Then they will start to train CM's that will be operating the ride, using CM's to make sure the safety features and e-stops work correctly, and that the CM's know how to evacuate the ride, etc...

Once all that is done, then you might see some limited guest soft previews. That might happen the first week of January.

Another problem is the amount of CM's available to work, with the amount being limited, Disney doesn't have the luxury to schedule shifts that might not happen during a Peak period.

So don't plan on it, but of course, it wouldn't hurt to walk by the ride just in case....
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

One thing to note about the test and adjust for Monsters Inc. is that the ride system itself has already been through extensive test and adjust when it was Superstar Limo.

This ride was a quicker turnaround because most of the moving parts already existed. Only the sets have changed.

Comment

Yepp. Depends how fast they can get up and running, which they want to soon. I like the costumes.

Comment

Not impressed with the costumes, but still have high hopes for the attraction. Eagerly am waiting to pick up my preview tickets.
            The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

I like them because they are plain compared to any other ugly look costumes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X