This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Neon Lights of Route 66, Cars Land

Another great article and video from the Disney Parks Blog on the neon in Cars Land, something, I believe, we are all pretty excited to experience in person. Nothing is going to beat walking down Route 66 to the beats of old doo wop, staring up at all the colorful, flashing neon, just as the sun sets on the red cliffs of the Cadillac Range and Ornament Valley in front of our view and the summer evening settles. Like a dream

Re: The Neon Lights of Route 66, Cars Land

When I was a kid and we traveled back to Arkansas, neon lights were on every little business on route 66. It was the best part of traveling.

Plus the Indian trading posts.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
      When I was a kid and we traveled back to Arkansas, neon lights were on every little business on route 66. It was the best part of traveling.
      And when I was a kid, neon signs were on every little business around Disneyland, and the company hated this. Now they're deliberately putting similar signs inside a Disney park. :lol:

Comment

I could see Disney getting complaints from us for failing to replace the neon.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Saw the Cozy Cone lights up tonight along with Flo's. Man that neon looks amazing!

Comment

Just thought of this: Jack Lindquist is going to really enjoy this because he wanted to see something like it in the parks. He wrote about it in his book, suggesting the 60s era neon as a more modern piece of history that could come alive for today's generations in the park (he suggested it for Main Street, making it my least favorite chapter/idea in the book, but DCA is obviously a better fit).
            "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X