Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When will Hollywoodland be finished?

When will Hollywood Pictures Backlot officially be Hollywoodland with the finished 1930's revisions etc?
    :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Re: When will Hollywoodland be finished?

I'm not sure, but it won't be done by this summer. Maybe in time for Winter 2012 or summer 2013.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

I think its been put on hold especially since they are doing project sparkle through the buildings there right now
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Never. Do you truly expect for that land the be the same in 10 years as it will be in 40?

Comment

Originally posted by planetsix View Post
          When will Hollywood Pictures Backlot officially be Hollywoodland with the finished 1930's revisions etc?
          There will be no official "Phase 2" for DCA like there was a "Phase 1." Different areas like Hollywoodland, Condor Flats, and Paradise Pier will continue to be rethemed and upgraded, but not in one massive phase. It will be more gradual with a shop being redone, Monsters getting a new facade, another shop being redone, a new attraction maybe, the Hyperion facade going under the knife, etc. It will take awhile, years even, but Hollywoodland will slowly receive its retheme.

Comment

I really like the idea of bringing back legendary Los Angeles icons that have been torn down -- like the Carthay Circle Theatre and Pan Pacific facade so far.

For a Phase 2, I'd love to see DCA bring back the Brown Derby (hat building version), The Coconut Grove, Don the Beachcomber -- and especially Walt's Hyperion Studios with the famous Mickey Mouse/Silly Symphony sign!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X