Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

    Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

    Does anyone have any information on how long this refurbishment will last or what will they be doing to the ride?

    All it says is- chain replacement....

  • #2
    Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

    Wow. Good find. I have no idea about the length of this refurb. I am also confused as to why they would put a reason. I guess that is a sign of just how popular Indy is. They close it and feel the need to give a reason why...

    As for chains... All I can think of are the chains in the queue? What other chains does it have? It isn't a rollercoaster with a chain lift or anything.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

      Originally posted by Trevor View Post
      Wow. Good find. I have no idea about the length of this refurb. I am also confused as to why they would put a reason. I guess that is a sign of just how popular Indy is. They close it and feel the need to give a reason why...

      As for chains... All I can think of are the chains in the queue? What other chains does it have? It isn't a rollercoaster with a chain lift or anything.
      Does the track have some sort of chain? Seems interesting that they put it out there. And given that it only shows on day in May, we'll have to wait till later when they release the schedule for the rest of May to see how long it'll take.


      The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

        My guess: Long enough to have some people raise a stink in City Hall that their trip has been ruined because Indy wasn't opened, but not long enough to fix everything that needs fixing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

          I wish it'd be a full extensive refurb, but being so close to summer I doubt that.


          http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

            Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
            Does the track have some sort of chain? Seems interesting that they put it out there. And given that it only shows on day in May, we'll have to wait till later when they release the schedule for the rest of May to see how long it'll take.
            No. From my understanding there is just a simple slot track that the cars (powered themselves by electric motors) follow along with sensors that tell the car where it is. Certainly there is no chain pulling them along.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

              The doors have chains that help open and close them i believe. They might be finally fixing the door.

              Probably a small two day refurb they do every once and awhile.
              Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                All I know is that it must be open by June 18th! That said, I'm sure it's just a minor fix and should not take long.






                "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                  That seems strange to me that Disney would mention that though. For something like a rollercoaster, mentioning a chain replacement makes sense because Guests can understand the function of a chain and why that would close the ride.

                  On Indy though, that statement doesn't simplify it and satisfy guests, it just raises more questions.

                  I wonder if they had to select from a set list of refurb causes and this one was the "best fit".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                    Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                    I wish it'd be a full extensive refurb
                    Me too. I mean it's going to have to go down eventually for it, better sooner than later (since the breakdowns become more frequent as time goes on)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                      As long as it's open on my birthday that Saturday, I'll be happy. I'd be super excited to see some of the forgotten effects up and running!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                        According to this recent Al Lutz article, Indy is supposed to have an extensive 2-month rehab this fall. A Sense of Place - MiceAge.com


                        Because of that news and the fact that my son is the biggest 8 year old Indiana Jones fan this side of the year 1990, I rescheduled our October trip to Disneyland for this May so I hope that this closure is a quick one, we'll be at the park the following week.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                          Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                          As for chains... All I can think of are the chains in the queue?
                          That's what I'm thinking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                            Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                            That seems strange to me that Disney would mention that though. For something like a rollercoaster, mentioning a chain replacement makes sense because Guests can understand the function of a chain and why that would close the ride.

                            On Indy though, that statement doesn't simplify it and satisfy guests, it just raises more questions.

                            I wonder if they had to select from a set list of refurb causes and this one was the "best fit".
                            Possibly somebody goofed when copying some internal document to the website. They meant to take out the specific reason, but did not.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

                              Please be open on July 22 I haven't been to Disneyland in 9 years if i don't go on my favorite ride I will be so sad.
                              Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
                              GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X