This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Behind the Music of Cars Land with some Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

Really cool article. Music sounds great, really going to fit well with the land. It's really cool to see them using some Disneyland talent for it. If this and the music being played right now in the Cars Land exhibit at the BSC is any indication of the land's music, we're in for some great stuff that really resonates the nostaligc and retro Route 66 and Roadside Americana theming and stories.

Today we take you “behind the music” in North Hollywood with song writer and composer Bruno **** and the band, “Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.” (Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been entertaining at Disneyland park since the early 1990s.) In this recording session they performed the instrumental tracks for the songs heard on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are recording a variation of one of these songs – one that will be heard as background music throughout the town of Radiator Springs.
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 03-21-2012, 09:27 AM.

Re: Behind the Music of Cars Land with some Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

I think the music is gonna sound great. And good on Disney for using the Hillbillies!

Comment

It was very entertaining to view that and then watch the video of Larry the Cableguy recording the vocals for the songs. I really hope they release it but given the track record :P

Comment

All hail to DLR's costumers! I did not recognize a single Billy without the overalls. Or the teeth.

Comment

You can tell which one is Kirk thanks to his elvis sideburns, lol.

Please check out my website too!

Comment

Only ID'd bassist Billy my first time through; noticed Kirk the 2nd. Good use of good musicians.

A bientot,
            Remember
            What the dormouse said
            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

I'm happy to hear they're using Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. That's great for them, and also a tribute. The music sounds great, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
                I'm happy to hear they're using Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. That's great for them, and also a tribute. The music sounds great, too.
                Exactly!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I love the Billy's

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                    Exactly!
                    + 1

Comment

Originally posted by missmonkey View Post
                      All hail to DLR's costumers! I did not recognize a single Billy without the overalls. Or the teeth.
                      I know
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Disney is already paying the the Billies for their versitile shows. It is a smart, cost-effective move that promotes and rewards world-class local talent. Their incredible brand of riviting, fun tunes will kick Cars Land into perpetual high geer. Perhaps Larry-the-cable Guy might have them perfom in some of his shows in the future. Nothing but good can come of this.

Play that funky music, Billies.
                        Play with that throttle; make them tires squeel!
                        Play that funky music, Billies.
                        Lay down the peddle to the floor, and burn that gas untill you die.
                        'Till your battery dies!
                        'Till your transmission cries....
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X