This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] The Return of The Sword And The Stone Ceremony In The Summer

I heard rumors of the returning of the Sword In The Stone Ceremony. Anyone else excited by this?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Re: The Return of The Sword And The Stone Ceremony In The Summer

Well, I am now.. wait, there's no remake staring Johnny depp on the horizon is there?

Comment

Cool...when?
      I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Hooray! It's about time they brought back one of the funnest shows at the resort! I recommend to anyone who has never seen it to just watch the children who proticipate's faces! When the kids feel the sword start to come out the get so excited! It's one of the magic moments that has been missing for the last few years!
        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

ORDDU: Merlin would certainly be excited--if true. My sisters and I had heard a similar rumor for the Magic Kingdom in Florida--only to be misled.

ORWEN: Yes, we had been told that Merlin would be returning to Florida's version of the Sword in the Stone ceremony but it turned out that it was just an animated version of Merlin that would be returning for the Sorcerer's of the Kingdom game. Merlin is the mascot for that. But he still isn't seen in person.
          Last edited by Witches of Morva; 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Well if it's any proof at all, last night I was in the parks with some friends and 5 kids were able to pull the sword out of the stone. I got pictures and videos too

Comment

ORWEN: They really should put the poor old man back to work. From what I hear his unemployment benefits have run out by now and his poor, pet owl--Archemedies--had to be given away to somebody who could afford to feed him because Merlin sure couldn't. The last time we saw him he was pushing a shopping cart down the mean streets of Los Angeles and his beard was dirty and he looked just awful!

Comment

Hm. Seems pretty vague. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It'd be a welcome return, I think.

Comment

Anything to help entertain those poor people stuck in that 50 min Peter Pan line
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    Anything to help entertain those poor people stuck in that 50 min Peter Pan line
                    lols
                    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

I hope this is true. I have so many childhood memories of this show. Hopefully it will be brought back in its original form and location and not moved to Main Street with the rest of the princesses. I would hate for them to rescript the show. It was perfect the way it was.
                      Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      That was one of the great things about that show. It made the Peter Pan line seem shorter.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

That be great news and hope to get some photos taken with him again after the show. I think if I recall I only got 2 or 3 pictures taken with him. So I hope this is true.

Comment

I certainly hope it's true! I was actually just thinking about this earlier today - Disney is hiring entertainment cast members left and right for Cars Land dancers, Condor Flats singers, and Buena Vista Street instrumentalists, but they can't find a guy to put on a beard and act like Merlin for 15 minutes a day, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                            I heard rumors of the returning of the Sword In The Stone Ceremony. Anyone else excited by this?
                            It would be nice
                            especially since in the Disney commercials they show it.
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Here's some photos from last night:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	348506_c_img.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	7340920
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	348504_c_img.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	7340921
                              And a video...