X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Forbidden Eye
    • Jul 2006

News The Voices of Liberty coming to Disneyland Park

If you've been to Epcot, you might have heard of the Voices of Liberty group at the American Pavilion. Disney has announced that DL will get their own group (basically they'll have their own as opposed of relocating the current group from Epcot) and will be performing in the Opera House where Great Moments with Mr Lincoln also resides.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74
  • calsig31
    -
    • Aug 2009

Re: The Voices of Liberty coming to Disneyland Park

Awesome! I caught this performance at EPCOT and loved it. I can’t wait.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
      DoleWhipDrea
      • Apr 2005

This is excellent! Can't wait!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
        Beach Expert
        • Sep 2006

I never heard of them. I just saw their YouTube video of them singing the National Anthem.

I'm so sorry but I'm not impressed. Maybe it's the arrangement. They're dressed as if they're from the Revolutionary period but the arrangement was definitely 20th Century. Definitely doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll have to watch some more videos but for now it's a wash for me.

Comment

• Mickey777
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2011

Oh okay that was gonna be my question (Whether or not the Epcot group would be relocating). I don't recall there being a lot of room in the opera house. The group has a ton of members at Epcot. Maybe there won't be so many out at DL.

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
            Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Attraction specific entertainment and more live performers at Disneyland not based on modern films? Love it. Very much look forward to this.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• FigmentJedi
              MiceChatter
              • Feb 2005

Well, Lincoln's already been serving as a venue for American Adventure stuff in California between Two Brothers, Golden Dream and the little Spirit figures in the lobby. Bringing the Voices of Liberty to the mix makes perfect sense.

Comment

• DCACM
                exDCACM
                • Jun 2005

Let's hope they stay in the Opera House. I absolutely hate hate hate a cappella! Groove 66 in Condor Flats was pure torture!

Comment

• mickdaddy
                  MiceChatter
                  • Dec 2009

Hopefully this will also bring more people into Great moments with Mr. Lincoln. It is such a wonderful attraction but missed by many guests.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• chadb14
                    • Feb 2005

I'm all for live performances, but the little bit of video that I watched of this group just sort of made me go ... MEH ... they sound good, but I don't know that I would sit through and entire show.

Comment

• Bronco21
                      Insomniac
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                      Hopefully this will also bring more people into Great moments with Mr. Lincoln. It is such a wonderful attraction but missed by many guests.
                      I hope so! I am so excited! I love listening to them in EPCOT (except by that point of WS I'm usually exhausted so I don't even have energy to stand up from the bench haha)! Anyone who hasn't heard them in person really needs to see them. It's much different in person than it is on YouTube. I'm glad that Disney is trying to pull people in to Lincoln! That is one of my favorite all time attractions and yet there is barely ever anyone there!
                      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

• sbk1234
                        formerly very helpful
                        • Sep 2007

I'm very excited to hear this. One of the strongpoints of DIsneyland in the past has been the live entertainment. It is nice to hear of more efforts to put live performers back into DIsneyland. And the fact that this doesn't include costumed Disney characters is all the better!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• brenden
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                          Attraction specific entertainment and more live performers at Disneyland not based on modern films? Love it. Very much look forward to this.

Yep. YEP. YES CHILD.

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
                            • May 2005

Excellent! I love a capella singers and, well, live entertainment in general. So to get another entertainment group, not related to a film, sounds like a winner.
                            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• almandot
                              Shubisha
                              • Apr 2005

Doesn't feel worth it to bring in a medium sized group of singers into that lobby to me but shrug =P

Comment

• Westsider
                                MiceChatter
                                • Apr 2007

Let's hope they get a better costume designer, a better wig attendant, and a better makeup artist for the Disneyland version of Voices of Liberty. The version at WDW performing in the American pavilion has production values and an overall vibe that screams early 1980's Theme Park Entertainment.

The arrangements are modern and a tad too glitzy, the dresses are hokey 1980's interpretations of Revolutionary era garb, and the makeup and hairdo's look like a bad prom picture from 1986.

The Voices of Liberty at Epcot reminds me of something the Simpsons would spoof in an episode where they went to Duff Gardens or something. Just 1980's kitschy themed goo on display for tourists just happy to get out of the swamp for a 10 minute air conditioning break.

I hope the Disneyland version gets a more realistically themed presentation and aesthetic vibe. Instead of Revolutionary era, will they go with a Civil War era theme and aesthetic for the Disneyland group instead, owing to the Mr. Lincoln show?

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                                  Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                                  • Feb 2007

There's always room for improvement certainly on what exists now, but given the strength of the Bootstrappers, Dapper Dans, the Billies, the New Orleans Square musicians, etc...I think the Disneyland musical talent pool overall is pretty strong and has wardrobe on their side as far as quality. Hopefully will work out far more in the vein of the talent already on offer at DL, given they are 'starting from scratch' out here.
                                  when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• NDNation
                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                                    The arrangements are modern and a tad too glitzy, the dresses are hokey 1980's interpretations of Revolutionary era garb, and the makeup and hairdo's look like a bad prom picture from 1986.

The Voices of Liberty at Epcot reminds me of something the Simpsons would spoof in an episode where they went to Duff Gardens or something. Just 1980's kitschy themed goo on display for tourists just happy to get out of the swamp for a 10 minute air conditioning break.
                                    Um... Too glitzy. You've been to Disneyland right?

Why does this feel like the movie "Amadeus" when Emperor Joseph II tells Mozart that his newest piece has "too many notes." LOL!!!

Comment

• OC2Epcot
                                      DLR WDW HKDL SHDL
                                      • Jun 2009

That's great news. I always enjoy them when I'm at Epcot.
                                      sigpic

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                        I never heard of them. I just saw their YouTube video of them singing the National Anthem.

I'm so sorry but I'm not impressed. Maybe it's the arrangement. They're dressed as if they're from the Revolutionary period but the arrangement was definitely 20th Century. Definitely doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll have to watch some more videos but for now it's a wash for me.
                                        This is perhaps one of the hardest things to do with singing and you're not impressed? This arrangement can be 19th century.
                                        Jeff Wayne

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X