This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] My Golden 50th Anniversary of Disneyland Visits

At 2 in the morning (remind me to check next time to make sure the tea is Herbal, not regular....), I recalled that this year of 2012 will mark my 50th year of visiting Disneyland. My family made our first visit in 1962 after coming back from visiting my paternal grandparents in Omaha, Nebraska and it was love at first sight for my dad and me.

That first visit started an annual tradition for our family, one that I am still carrying on today! Ok, a lot more often than annual, but the thought is still there!

Who knew how far that first visit would take us and all the Disney-inspired things we would be able to do? I have had the privilege of going to Marceline, Missouri for their annual ToonFest and attended a couple of special events on Walt's family farm. I got to speak briefly in the Uptown Theater and evened signed Walt's barn. We even got to meet many Disney Legends along the way. My hubby - who grew up in Anaheim - and I got to visit the Burbank Studio and, just last Sunday, we were honored to ride in the Lilly Belle at Disneyland.

It has been a been a great 50 years! Here are a few pictures since 1962:

Our first visit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DL_Skyway62.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	7367700

One of the souvenirs I still have:

Name:	1962snowglobe.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	7367701

My brother and I riding a much-missed ride:

Name:	DL_NancyMark1963.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	7367702

Celebrating Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with the Golden Ears:

Name:	DL_Nancy_Mickey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	7367703
    Last edited by HiddenMickeyBook; 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM.
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Re: My Golden 50th Anniversary of Disneyland Visits

Howdy HiddenMickeyBook,

Congratulations on over a HALF CENTURY of happy memories visiting the Happiest Place on Earth!

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
    sigpic

Comment

Great thread. I'd love to see more photos, if you have them.

I used to have that same Jungle Cruise snow globe. Used to love making that boat rock back and forth as a little kid. Too bad I didn't hold onto it.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Great picture, Wild Ol Dan! I remember that marquee. I also remember seeing Louis Armstrong in New Orleans Square. What a nightlife there used to be!

We used to stay in one of those one-story flat roofed motels across the street, usually the Sands. We'd literally run across Harbor and walk in past the cast members entrance.
        sigpic
        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Comment

wow, how exciting. I am so glad that disneyland has been able to be a part of your childhood and adulthood as well. I am in the middle of the third book and love the whole series so far. My favorite is the first one tho. The way it makes you feel as if you are right there with them in the park is amazing.

Comment

You are so lucky, to have experienced the park in all stages of its life, and to have had so many memorable times and encounters with notable people of the park.

Comment

I used to live about 20 minutes from Disneyland, but felt so left out that other kids could travel to Disneyland and stay at a hotel. I was envious at their luck.
              But how we visit isn't the important thing, but that we take the time to do so. I think it's a grand milestone. Take good care of yourself and possibly you could celebrate a 100 year anniversary.
              I'll take a large Tea Cup with a side of Casey Jr. And when will all the construction finally end?

)):smart:
              :smart::geek::geek::wave::wave:

Comment

Thank you, lou_mom, I appreciate that!

If you look closely at the picture of my brother and me, you see I am holding something bright pink. I also still have that. It was a zippered leather pouch with Tinker Bell on the cover. Right now it is filled, for some reason, with white plastic beads that used to be a purse! lol
                sigpic

Comment

Really amazing! Thanks for sharing these photos and memories.
                  Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Awesome thread, HiddenMickeyBook! Great pics, everybody! :thumbup:
                    Wanna trade pins or power discs? PM me!

Comment

Thank you, cris77. Our memories are great and we are happy when we make new ones. Now, taking our grandkids, we help them make their memories and build on their Disney foundation!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X