Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Whats wrong with these pictures?

So I wonder, is this a bit much on Disney's part? I was at the park one night and the moment the announcement that the park was closing played, Midnight in this case, construction lights fired up and jack hammers could be heard across the hub. Keep in mind guests were still crowded in front of the castle. I thought it was a bit much.

I found some other quirks this month. Whats missing in these photos?

Micenation

Re: Whats wrong with these pictures?

The second picture is missing Fortune Red.

Comment

As long as they don't leave Fortune red there broken, I don't mind if they need to refurb him... actually, I encourage it.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Yeah, I was going to comment on Fortune Red. Hope he comes back!

In the third pic, wasn't there a large, glass showcase in the middle of the room? Also, there used to be a huge wooden Mickey at the side of the entrance.
        sigpic
        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

What were the jackhammers there for?

Comment

I'm guessing that the large display case is missing because they are about to change exhibits.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
              What were the jackhammers there for?
              New Princess Fantasy Faire. I agree that it's tacky to fire it all up before the guests at least clear the castle area, but I do think they're trying to get it done as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                New Princess Fantasy Faire. I agree that it's tacky to fire it all up before the guests at least clear the castle area, but I do think they're trying to get it done as soon as possible.
                I wouldn't think it's tacky, but do agree that they are trying to get it done as soon as possible.

People complain because projects are getting pushed back, but when they are trying to get the job completed ASAP it is also a problem. I actually think the flood lighting looks pretty cool and it doesn't ruin the castle lighting at all.

Comment

When, oh when, are they going to get it? Princesses live in castles. Boutiques don't live in castles, princesses do.

Comment

I think it is tacky and should be avoided if possible (like start 30 min later), but since they're trying to do this ASAP and I think this is a necessary temporary "tackiness" that I'm more than willing to bear w/.

Comment

That sucks hammering going on during park hours? Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by NettyVal09 View Post
                        That sucks hammering going on during park hours? Interesting!
                        No technically it is after it closes.
                        Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I was there last Sunday and they had the flood lights on at 11pm(closing at 12) and brighten the whole area up way too much. I really didnt like that they were starting before the park was closed.

Comment

am i the only one that is ok with it, projects like these have set deadlines and contracts that are done with construction companies. a thirty minute delay could end up costing thousands of dollars. As long as the work is being done at closing time and behind walls i find it ok and guests are already on their way out if anything people will only stick around to take photos a little noise will not interfere with that

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                              am i the only one that is ok with it, projects like these have set deadlines and contracts that are done with construction companies. a thirty minute delay could end up costing thousands of dollars. As long as the work is being done at closing time and behind walls i find it ok and guests are already on their way out if anything people will only stick around to take photos a little noise will not interfere with that
                              Right, but its not a "'30 minute delay" if you schedule construction to start at 1230 once guests are largely gone instead on at midnight. I mean, if you're going to go through all of the trouble to avoid hammering in the daytime so guests won't hear it, then why not factor in that extra half an hour to the schedule? And jackhammers are not "a little noise"...

There is a reason the rides don't shut down abruptly at close and continue to take guests who are in line. There is a reason Main Street is open late (aside from merchandise $). There is a reason the supply trucks don't start driving around the park right at midnight. This last hour or so is still a legitimate part of the guest experience, and if you're going to make the effort to avoid doing construction during this guest experience, as Disney should, they need to do it during the full portion of the guest experience, and not just part of it.
                              Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X