Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

One of the perks of running a big Disney fan site is getting to know lots of well connected people in the company and in media. I have spoken with a number of folks recently about the new Radiator Springs Racers ride at California Adventure and have pieced together this scene by scene description of the new mega attraction. Please note, this review is one big long spoiler, so don't read any further if you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Radiator Springs Racers:

We're going to leave the detailed queue out of this discussion for now and focus on the ride itself.

You continue forward where Mater and McQueen exchange words. As you pass the two animatronics on your left, the 2 tracks become 1 again and you head back into the unload station. Riders exit to the left and head upstairs to where you will see your photo finish. From there, you head back downstairs and out of the cave where you will see the last bank turn you made a minute ago. You exit under two bridges where the ride passes over and are back near the courthouse.

And that my friends is Radiator Springs Racers in a nut shell. By all accounts, it's a stunning attraction.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Review - Warning SPOILERS!

I guarantee this will be a great ride!

Comment

Sounds pretty amazing!

Comment

Sounds Amazing. I have two concerns, my biggest concern is it will be too slow. I am afraid that 40 mph won't even be fast enough to have a fun zip to it. I understand it isn't supposed to a real "thrill" ride, but I hope it as at least fast enough to be pretty thrilling, think Slash Mountain apposed to Pirates of the Caribbean. Second concern is the dark ride portion sounds AMAZING with awesome effects, animatronics, and what not. That is my concern that it will go the way of Indiana Jones. Things will consistently break and stay broken for quite some time.

But besides those two things Radiator Springs Racers sounds spectacular. I hope it will be DCA's big anchor attraction.
        Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

THANKS, DUSTY!

I hope this ride remains exclusively at Disneyland. I look for reasons (differences) to visit other Disney resorts.

With two great Disney parks, Southern California could become even more of a national and international tourist destination!

I wonder how long the lines will be for Fastpasses for this attraction,
          and I wonder what Disney will do to keep these lines orderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
            Sounds Amazing. I have two concerns, my biggest concern is it will be too slow. I am afraid that 40 mph won't even be fast enough to have a fun zip to it. I understand it isn't supposed to a real "thrill" ride, but I hope it as at least fast enough to be pretty thrilling, think Slash Mountain apposed to Pirates of the Caribbean. Second concern is the dark ride portion sounds AMAZING with awesome effects, animatronics, and what not. That is my concern that it will go the way of Indiana Jones. Things will consistently break and stay broken for quite some time.

But besides those two things Radiator Springs Racers sounds spectacular. I hope it will be DCA's big anchor attraction.
            The way things look now, RSR won't just be the anchor of DCA, it will likely be seen as the anchor attraction of the entire resort (at least for a while).

The ride does not appear to be too slow. The dark ride section is perhaps too fast (many folks wanting even more time in the show scenes), the outdoor sections are zippy. If they went any faster, it would ruin the illusion of a huge valley. Again, I think they need to be careful to preserve the illusion of speed without having you run through the area so fast that you leave feeling that you've been cheated. Right now, most folks are leaving the attraction VERY happy.

Effects breaking down is always an issue. This will have much more to do with how Ops maintains the ride than anything else. I think they can do it.

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            THANKS, DUSTY!

I hope this ride remains exclusively at Disneyland. I look for reasons (differences) to visit other Disney resorts.

With two great Disney parks, Southern California could become even more of a national and international tourist destination!

I wonder how long the lines will be for Fastpasses for this attraction,
            and I wonder what Disney will do to keep these lines orderly.
            I seriously doubt that Radiator Springs Racers will remain exclusive forever. Eventually, one of the other Disney resorts (the Japanese perhaps) are going to want their own version. And if the land is a big hit, you can bet that bits and pieces of it (or the whole thing) will be cloned or extrapolated.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Any leaked videos of the ride or any of the carsland rides
              I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

The Tokyo Disney Resort has absolutely no land on which to build something the size of Cars land.
                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
                  Any leaked videos of the ride or any of the carsland rides
                  Just this Pre-Vis video: RSR Pre-Vis - YouTube

That is all I know of.
                  Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                    The Tokyo Disney Resort has absolutely no land on which to build something the size of Cars land.
                    Sooo true! And thats the thing, its a HUGE attraction that takes up massive space (the show room alone is the size of Indy, not even including the outside portion) and one of the most expensive ever built. Hell I think its THE most expensive ever built. So I think with the amount of land it will need and the massive costs (although it will be less now that the R and D is done) I dont see it happening anywhere soon. You cant exactly 'shoe horn' it in another land the way you can TOT, Soarin and Buzz and where ever it goes the Rt 66 theme is the only thing that makes sense for it and there is no other places that has that theme anywhere else to work which basically means they will have to make it its own land like CL. Probably nothing to that extent though, but it will need something to anchor it.

I have not read the OP (dont want to be spoiled, although I been spoiled enough already lol) but the reactions from it alone sounds good! ALL the praise this ride is getting, combined with the reaction and reviews of CL in general, I have no idea how this will 'fail'? I think RSR will be the 'Indy' of DCA and CL will sort of be the Frontierland of DCA in general, the rustic and down home area of the park!

I'm glad its starting to sound like runaway hit and something DCA really needs to go into its new, more positive era!
                    Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

Is that Paul Newmans' voice from a track (used or unused) in the movie or another actor?Sounded just like him. Hope it was.

Comment

What kind of noises do the vehicles make? Is it similar to Test Track with its motor whine and popping air brakes, or is it toned way down?

Comment

OMG....i cant wait now....darn it....how will be able to wait another two weeks with a review like this...its the ride I've been waiting for since Indy.
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post

For perspective, Space Mountain goes 28 mph and is quite fun...different kind of ride, yes, but you can have a perception of speed that's quite good even at 40mph
                            My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Originally posted by Julieandtheboys View Post
                              Thanks!

Is that Paul Newmans' voice from a track (used or unused) in the movie or another actor?Sounded just like him. Hope it was.
                              It may have been, but it was more likely the same method they used for the voice Rod Serling on Tower...A voice impersonator.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X