This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstar Limo legacy on Monsters?

It is common knowledge here that whenever a new attraction replaces a previous attraction the Imagineers always include something from the previous attraction into the new one. Examples being the Eeyore sign on IJA and the microscope from Adventures thru Inner Space being seen in the Star Tours film, etc.

Has anyone, lucky enough to be a part of the soft opening of "Monsters Inc.," identified anything from Superstar Limo making it's way, subliminally, onto the new ride?

Re: Superstar Limo legacy on Monsters?

Once in a while Cher pops out of one of the doors and scares the crap out of little kids.

Comment

Legacy? Well I guess you can have a bad legacy cant you. With any luck WDI left out ANYTHING from that buildings sad past and were focused on the future.

Comment

Not sure if this counts, but I'm pretty sure that one of the CDA monsters used to be Drew Carey...

Comment

I heard there is a photo collage of SSL photos that make a large Sulley.

Comment

Isn't pretty much the whole beginning of the ride, where you travel down a dark tunnel and watch TV, the same as it always was? That's good enough for me. One of my favorite things about monsters is they took away all those pitch black unthemed empty rooms that you watched TV in and actually put things in there.

Comment

I did notice that one of the things dressed in yellow (looks like hazmat) is holding out 3 "cards" The Drew Cary AA did the same thing... I did notice that too
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

So far I counted two CDA Agents as Limo references:

1. Jackie Chan - The one CDA Agent wrestling the rope on top of the car.

2. Drew Carey - As mentioned above...the one with the 3 flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by ganggreen4jc
                  Has anyone, lucky enough to be a part of the soft opening of "Monsters Inc.," identified anything from Superstar Limo making it's way, subliminally, onto the new ride?
                  The operative word here is, "subliminally."

There's a big difference between placing a subtle or hidden "tribute" in a replacement attraction to honor the previous one, versus utilizing elements from said previous attraction because your project budget sucks canal water.

I'm guessing that the latter consideration applies more so, regarding Monsters.
                  "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

From the original post - what current ride features an Eeyore sign in it? I didn't get the acronym
                    July 28, 2006 - Spent My Birthday @ DL & Club 33!

Comment

Indy

IJA- Indiana Jones Adventure

Comment

When I was on it I didnt notice those things but will look next time! This is cool!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Great question!

Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Do I need to write my joke again?
                            (When did I ever need permission?"

From "rate it!" thread:

Did anyone see the Imagineering nod to the SSL on the attraction?

If you look real closely at the "digital collage" of Sully, they're all pictures of unsmiling faces from the photo shots unsold from SSL. Each one is a precious moment with the same unseen caption: "What the heck was that? Let's go to guest relations and ask for our 10 minutes back."

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinKing!
                              When I was on it I didnt notice those things but will look next time! This is cool!
                              You're going to have to look really carefully, and I think you need a flashlight. It's in the queue in the room with the projector. You have to look in the overhead space near the projector, and it's dark, which is why you need the flashlight.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X