This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Chevron Gone at DCA

Should have taken a picture but as of Saturday night the newly refurbished Chevron "The California Oil Company" gas pumps were now.... "Condor Gas". Did the rumored Chevron breakup just happen?

Re: Chevron Gone at DCA

What do you mean by breakup? They have a contract with Disney and I don't think the contract has ended yet.

I'm guessing they had customs made and they needed something to stand in their place while they were having new ones made.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
      What do you mean by breakup? They have a contract with Disney and I don't think the contract has ended yet.

I'm guessing they had customs made and they needed something to stand in their place while they were having new ones made.

Nope, these gas pumps were just redone in the past 6 months. Instead of the worn "industrial" look of Condor Flats these pumps were restored to a shiny 1950's style with the Chevron logo of the time. It had the slogan of "The California Oil Company" underneath. Those logos have been covered with "Condor Gas" decals, the pumps are the same. Part of the Tomorrowland renovation rumors center around the Autopia being removed as Chevron is no longer on a long term sponsorship contract but one that could be ended at any time. If that sponsorship has indeed ended then the incentive to continue to operate Autopia declines, especially because it occupies a lot of space. Someone please get pictures, I just didn't think to take them at the time...

Comment

I just posted these on the tracker thread yesterday or the day before...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5183.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	7343130

Name:	IMG_5182.JPG
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	7343131

Name:	IMG_5181.JPG
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	7343132

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Comment

Although this is getting a little off topic - maybe? - I'm firmly for the Chevron partnership coming to a close if only because it opens up the possibility of the removal of Autopia.
          "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."sigpic

Comment

chevron sponsorship of autopia ended in 2010. it isnt going anywhere -_-
            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
              No, the 10-year contract between Chevron and Disney ended in 2010. Smaller contracts have been renewed approximately a year at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                By "breakup" I am sure the OP was asking if the contract had ended..

Originally posted by 0ranos View Post
                Although this is getting a little off topic - maybe? - I'm firmly for the Chevron partnership coming to a close if only because it opens up the possibility of the removal of Autopia.
                Eh. Could just mean a new sponsor comes in and re-vamps the whole attraction as well. Just because a sponsor leaves doesn't really call for the said attraction to be removed.

Originally posted by MrsMonroe
                Originally posted by dfan07
                No, the 10-year contract between Chevron and Disney ended in 2010. Smaller contracts have been renewed approximately a year at a time.
                +1. I was going to say the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by 0ranos View Post
                  With the sub building underneath, there is not much that can be put there anyway. May as well just upgrade the existing attraction.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Chevon officially ended their sponsorship in September of 2011
                    sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                      Chevon officially ended their sponsorship in September of 2011
                      Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source?

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                        The Chevron references have been removed from Autopia as well. The dioramas in the ques have had their little posters and gas pump logos removed. The logos have also been removed from the Driver's Licenses.

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	7343137

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                          Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source?
                          a friend that works for Chevon in the Bay area
                          sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                            a friend that works for Chevon in the Bay area
                            Works for me!

Comment

The Disneyland website still lists Autotopia as sponcered by Chevron...
                              Autopia Ride | Tomorrowland Attractions | Disneyland Park
                              I am going through all my photos trying to look for one of the sign. The licenes and dioramams have lost chevron logo, but I am not sure about the main sign.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X