This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does that work?

This thread is an opportunity to post questions and answers about how the effects of attractions at DL are accomplished. I know that I'm always curious about this sort of thing.

Here's my question:

Last time I was in line for Mr. Toad I noticed that after the car makes the first turn and comes out of the 'fireplace', from the line you can see the embers scatter about on the floor. I had never noticed this before, and you could never notice it while on the ride so it's purely for the people watching in line so that's cool. Anywho, does anyone know how that effect is accomplished?? I'm really curious.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    This thread is an opportunity to post questions and answers about how the effects of attractions at DL are accomplished. I know that I'm always curious about this sort of thing.

Here's my question:

Last time I was in line for Mr. Toad I noticed that after the car makes the first turn and comes out of the 'fireplace', from the line you can see the embers scatter about on the floor. I had never noticed this before, and you could never notice it while on the ride so it's purely for the people watching in line so that's cool. Anywho, does anyone know how that effect is accomplished?? I'm really curious.
    I am glad they fixed it... last I road before the referb it wasn't working...

(-Shakes fist in the air-) Darn you Paul Pressler!
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

I'm guessing it's fiber optic? I'll have a closer look next time i'm in fantasyland.
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
        I am glad they fixed it... last I road before the referb it wasn't working...
        I don't know if it's currently working or not. I havn't been for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          I don't know if it's currently working or not. I havn't been for a while.
          Anyway, it seemed like a timed thing, because it would go off independantly of weather or not the fireplace door opened...
          Check out my other blog:

Comment

Spoiler
            The trick is done by fiber optics on the floor!
            I LOVE that affect! I used to work that ride and you'd be amazed to know how many guests never even notice it! It even has sound effects, so it sounds like you are driving over hot coals, but usually the back ground music is SO lound that you can't her it! Oh <sigh> I LOVE that ride!!

Comment

The embers! That's always been my most favorite part of Toad. When I was little, I'd always lean forward to make sure I got a good long stare at them.

I love things that are shiny! The glowing mine car of jewels in the Snow White ride... the volcanoes in Peter Pan... I always have to have the best seat for seeing those =0)
              :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

I remember wondering how the portable hole technique in Roger Rabbit is achieved, although it's been so long since I remember it now.

Comment

I know some secrets from Peter Pan that you wouldn't believe! Anyone interested?
                  Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                  Help support the site you love:
                  -Visit the MiceChat store
                  Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                  MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                    I know some secrets from Peter Pan that you wouldn't believe! Anyone interested?
                    Yes, Please!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

OOOO- Where to start.....

Let me first explain that I was able to walk through this ride with the lights on thanks to a lead that was trying to show off for us (we also got to pull the sword out of the stone, among other fantasyland secrets I have always LOVED the effects on this ride and wondered how they were accomplished. I was shocked at how they did it.

For example.

The twinkling lights or London and its streets
                      Spoiler
                      are simply painted onto the floor, they are not lights as I had always assumed- that affect is accomplished with a black light.

The "clouds" you see
                      Spoiler
                      are nothing but clear plastic laid in different places and around buildings.

The "floating stars"
                      Spoiler
                      are these very odd looking black wire bushes with lights at the end of them- thats how they look like they are everywhere.

The simplicity of these things is what really amazed me. They are ingenious effects really, especially the stars.

On a more "adult" note, a um, rogue CM has updated the Wendy fig walking the plank to make her, how shall we say this, "anatomically correct." Maybe that's a secret you didn't want to know.........

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

there was always something that befuddled me greatly. how do they got the boulder part of indy to work? i have always been astounded by that effect and have always wondered how it worked.

Comment

I think its just the flashing lights and how it looks when the car heads towards it and underneath it.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

How do they get the hitch-hiking ghost in the car at HM?
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
                              How do they get the hitch-hiking ghost in the car at HM?
                              That one is another effect that is so simple its rediculous!

Spoiler
                              The mirrors you look through are semi transparent and the ghosts rotate behind them. The are lit just so you can she both your reflection and also through to the other side.

The ballroom effect is accomplished because
                              Spoiler
                              the figures are actually above and beneath you. The ballroom is seperated drom the cars by glass and it is their reflection you see.

Those imagineers never cease to amaze me!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X