This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Matterhorn

I've been riding the Matterhorn these past couple of days.

The new Bobsleds are really nice. Rows 1 and 4 require you to sit with your legs folded, or however you can put them, in a small space. I'm pretty short, and it still felt awkward sitting in those two rows. The other rows are comfortable, they offer leg room for all sizes. You're feet are placed inside cubby holes and each side of the seat, and they're pretty deep. Each seat has grip bars on the side, but they are awkwardly placed and hard to hold. The seat belts are like those of Indie and Star Tours.

I've rode both sides of the mountain.
    The Tomorrowland side is the faster and scarier of the two, but it's also not as smooth of a ride. It's very rough and jerks a lot throughout the ride. Harold is also super loud on this side and very frightening with the effects. It's not for the faint of heart or the little ones attempt to ride their first big kid ride. I've been on that side 5 times and I still get scared each time, even though I know he's coming.

The Fantasyland is obviously the mellower side. The ride is a lot more smoother and slower than the TL side--you won't have any whiplash here. Harold is also toned down and not too scary. It's defiantly the side to take the grandparents and kids on.

The mountain is set to open up officially Friday, but it may(just a maybe) have a soft opening sometime on Thursday.

Re: Matterhorn

Originally posted by MVader View Post
    I've been riding the Matterhorn these past couple of days.

The new Bobsleds are really nice. Rows 1 and 4 require you to sit with your legs folded, or however you can put them, in a small space. I'm pretty short, and it still felt awkward sitting in those two rows. The other rows are comfortable, they offer leg room for all sizes. You're feet are placed inside cubby holes and each side of the seat, and they're pretty deep. Each seat has grip bars on the side, but they are awkwardly placed and hard to hold. The seat belts are like those of Indie and Star Tours.

I've rode both sides of the mountain.
    The Tomorrowland side is the faster and scarier of the two, but it's also not as smooth of a ride. It's very rough and jerks a lot throughout the ride. Harold is also super loud on this side and very frightening with the effects. It's not for the faint of heart or the little ones attempt to ride their first big kid ride. I've been on that side 5 times and I still get scared each time, even though I know he's coming.

The Fantasyland is obviously the mellower side. The ride is a lot more smoother and slower than the TL side--you won't have any whiplash here. Harold is also toned down and not too scary. It's defiantly the side to take the grandparents and kids on.

The mountain is set to open up officially Friday, but it may(just a maybe) have a soft opening sometime on Thursday.
    Wow, thanks for the preview! You've confirmed what I suspected all along about rows 1 and 4 -- sounds like they're best for kids! Glad to hear that the other seats offer generous leg room.

Comment

I dont understand.. pretty sure both sides see the same Harolds??

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

the tomorrowland is slightly faster than the other side of fantasyland. i like both sides though despite the fantasyland side last a little longer though.

Comment

what'd they do to harold? any cosmetic changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
            I dont understand.. pretty sure both sides see the same Harolds??
            They both see one of them, but then they each see separate ones.

Comment

great thread, thank you.
              I don't understand what a soft opening is even if they have one, sorry I feel stupid asking this but who gets to ride the ride during a soft opening? Cast members?
              also, did they make Harold louder or are you just pointing out that it has always been this way?

Comment

what about the snow falling as you ascend the mountain? did they fix that

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                  great thread, thank you.
                  I don't understand what a soft opening is even if they have one, sorry I feel stupid asking this but who gets to ride the ride during a soft opening? Cast members?
                  also, did they make Harold louder or are you just pointing out that it has always been this way?
                  A soft opening is when the attraction opens to the public before the announced grand opening date. For example, The Little Mermaid was officially opened on June 3rd of last year, but they allowed the public to ride the attraction almost the entire week before hand. It's used primarily to work the kinks out and allow the CMs to be able to get used to working the attraction before the crowds descend.

In the case of Cars Land and RSR, the CM/AP/Club 33/D23 previews took the place of general public soft openings.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo123 View Post
                    what about the snow falling as you ascend the mountain? did they fix that
                    It's there, I have no idea what it looked like before or if it was off, but it's there.
                    At first I thought "Why are blasting off to the speed of light?" but then I figured it was snow.

Comment

He's more scary now? You know it's funny, I had a dream a few nights ago that I went on the newly updated Matterhorn and it was super scary with skeletons hanging and loud, sudden noises. It was almost like a haunted house walkthrough. But then Mater was at the end of the ride, firing shots at Harold...... I dream very strange things..

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

So how is Harold scarier??

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                        ~

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Corn View Post
                          what'd they do to harold? any cosmetic changes?
                          I want to know about the cosmetic changes as well.
                          I was hoping for more info as I'm excited that the Matterhorn is opening again!

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                            So how is Harold scarier??
                            He sings now...its horrible
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Thank you MVader for sharing your experience on the new bobsleds! It's funny how you mention the Tomorrowland side as the scarier one. When the walls surrounding Matterhorn were still up and they had posters up explaining the history of the ride; one poster pointed out Fantasyland-side as the more thrilling side with all its turns.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X