This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Walt and Mickey Statue on Buena Vista Street Unveiled

The new Walt and Mickey Statue on Buena Vista Street has been unveiled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wlatmickeybuenavista.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	7368838

Instagram

Re: New Walt and Mickey Statue on Buena Vista Street Unveiled

W-O-W!!! That turned out very well, didnt it?

This entire time I was a little dissappointed they didnt have the statue with its back to CCT to take pics, but now I realize it doesnt matter. This is pretty cool on its own. Thank you for the pic!

Comment

That is AWESOME ))) I hope that guests are a little courteous and not vandalize this representation of a true American original. I like the fact that it faces the theater it really sets a scene, not to sound weird but I can almost hear them speak.

Walt: Someday Mickey, we'll be playing pictures in places just like this.

Mickey: Gosh Walt, I don't know a goal like that sounds impossible for folks like us.

Walt: Well Mickey, its kind of fun to do the impossible.

See ya walkin' down the middle of Main Street USA.

"THAT'S R
      IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I think it's awesome!!!!:thumbup:
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

good looking man
          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Very nice.

Somehow I thought there would be a special ceremony.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

T
              It looks great!
              Thanks
              wfor posting the pic, Englishpauliewalle!

Comment

I just fear children crawling all over Walt and Mickey.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

It looks great. And I like the idea of Walt down at ground level like the rest of us; a subtle reminder that this was a time in his life when nobody knew who he was yet or what heights he and Mickey would aspire to. Though this statue may see more hands on wear and tear than Partners, the placement remains an excellent artistic choice.
                  Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Not having the statue on a pedestal like Partners is just asking for trouble and a Flash Mountain style PR nightmare...especially in a park that serves alcohol.

Comment

Looks great!
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

I just hope this will educate people that Walt was an actual person and not just a name and a face like the Quaker Oats guy.

Comment

So glad it is not facing the Carthay, because if it did, I am sure everytime I'd try to take a photo a bunch of people will be in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by micky90 View Post
                            So glad it is not facing the Carthay, because if it did, I am sure everytime I'd try to take a photo a bunch of people will be in the background.
                            Yeah, I hate people too! Down with people!

...:P

In all seriousness, I think the new statue looks pretty great, but I have a sinking feeling it will be behind a fence or planter before too long.
                            "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
                              It looks great. And I like the idea of Walt down at ground level like the rest of us; a subtle reminder that this was a time in his life when nobody knew who he was yet or what heights he and Mickey would aspire to. Though this statue may see more hands on wear and tear than Partners, the placement remains an excellent artistic choice.
                              That's a nice comment. The fact that the statue was at ground-level perturbed me a bit, as though it was just an added on feature of the park, and I assumed it would be on a pedestal surrounded by plants, but I guess that would be too much like the one in Disneyland.

Guests are going to love having their picture taken next to this.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X