This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Its Been Over 6 Years!

The last time Disney has built a new ride in either WDW or DL resort that was NOT BASED ON A MOVIE was over 6 years ago. Expedition Everest (2006) was the last example of a totally original Disney attraction.

Before that us Americans have got Lights, Motors, Action! (2005), Mission: SPACE (2003), and the attractions that opened with California Adventure (2001).

Ever since Expedition Everest, all new major attractions have been based on movies: Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, The Little Mermaid, all of Cars Land, etc. In the future we can expect to see Avatar Land, another movie based attraction.

Do you think Disney still has it in them to still create unique attractions such as POTC, Space Mountain, or Expedition Everest or have they lost their magic touch and can only rely on characters?
    Last edited by WDW1971; 06-15-2012, 03:53 PM.

Re: Its Been Over 6 Years!

$$$$$$ Pardon?

I can't $$$$$$$$$$ understand the post?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
      $$$$$$ Pardon?

I can't $$$$$$$$$$ understand the post?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      I think the rapper DJ Quik put it most eloquently .. "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense."
      Twitter: infamoustmk

IG: tcadillac17

Comment

So what was the last original attraction in Anaheim that didn't open with DCA? My brains telling me Thunder Mountain, but surely theres been something since then?

Comment

Rocket rods was after Thunder.

I don't think that the decision makers seem willing to spend millions of dollars on a new attraction if they can't make a large chunk of it back on merchandise. They already have the people in the parks, now they want more of their money buying trinkets.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaamm View Post
            So what was the last original attraction in Anaheim that didn't open with DCA? My brains telling me Thunder Mountain, but surely theres been something since then?
            I believe it was the new Tomorrowland stuff: Rocket Rods and Astro Orbiter

Comment

Don't forget Captain Eo and Innoventions. Har har.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                Don't forget Captain Eo and Innoventions. Har har.
                Wasn't EO in the 80's? Plus Innoventions wasn't a Disneyland original. It was in Disney World first.

Comment

Originally posted by 999happyhants View Post
                  Wasn't EO in the 80's? Plus Innoventions wasn't a Disneyland original. It was in Disney World first.
                  Yes it was, but I thought we were trying to name original attractions that came out after Thunder Mt. (1979). I guess you could say Innoventions is not an original since it was at WDW first, but I was thinking original in terms of not based off a character or movie franchise.

Comment

Just the other day I was trying to think of the last original story-based attraction opened at the Disneyland resort. I don't think coasters and spinners really count. I think the winner is Superstar Limo, sadly enough.

Comment

Soarin over CA and Scremin were the last good rides not based off a film.

I don't mind rides like say Mermaid they do what they are suppose to, but then you have rides like Monsters Inc...and Pooh and ask...why?
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X