This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] adding fog to Haunted Mansion

So Pirates of the Caribbean uses smoke effects and cloud projections so should Haunted mansion do the same in the graveyard scene? have projections of clouds on the ceiling and fog! this will make it much more eerie Haunted Mansion NEEDS an upgrade
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Re: adding fog to Haunted Mansion

I think several attractions could benefit with fog. The Matterhorn Bobsleds used to have fog at the top of the hill and it was always a fun way to start your journey.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

i actually agree with that, especially around fall/ winter. or maybe a water mist on Matterhorn during the summer
      sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Fog would wreak havoc on the AAs in the Haunted Mansion. Notice that in Pirates, all the AAs in the fog scene are placed well above it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
          So Pirates of the Caribbean uses smoke effects and cloud projections so should Haunted mansion do the same in the graveyard scene? have projections of clouds on the ceiling and fog! this will make it much more eerie Haunted Mansion NEEDS an upgrade
          The issue with fog in the graveyard scene is that it ruins the singing bust effect. It makes the light from their projectors visible. If they were to attempt this, the singing busts would have to be completely redesigned with internal projection, the tradeoff would be less of a 3D effect. The giant scrims that they installed in the graveyard scene was their solution to make it look foggy.

I do agree that the Matterhorn needs fog introduced again, that would satisfy most of us who are looking for some kind of enhancement.
          Last edited by Seawolf; 06-19-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

of course! put the projectors INSIDE the busts like madame leota

---------- Post added 06-19-2012 at 06:21 PM ----------

Originally posted by second blue teacup View Post
            Fog would wreak havoc on the AAs in the Haunted Mansion. Notice that in Pirates, all the AAs in the fog scene are placed well above it.
            i agree but the AA's are behind screens
            sigpic

Comment

^which the fog can seep into.I would like fog outside though,IJA's queue would be nice with fog too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

HM needs a lot imo. It never was my favorite especially since pirates next door achieves near 100% perfect immersion.

I think the loading area needs to be rethemed to actually look like its in the house...or make it clear that you've left the house and are now outside. The seance room needs to look more like...a room. Keep it as dark as necessary to direct your attention to Leota, but every time I ride I am very aware I am in a black, unthemed room.

The pop up ghosts behind the tombstones need to be redesigned. They are just heads with a cloth around the neck!! Fog would be great at the grave yard scene. For the bust problem, why not just have hidden fans behind them so fog is directed away from the busts?
                In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

that would be very interesting
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
                    ^which the fog can seep into.I would like fog outside though,IJA's queue would be nice with fog too.
                    The lawyers would never approve of fog in the queue.

Comment

sad but true
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually I picture fog in Limbo to be more effective. Makes it seem more like limbo XD

Comment

San Francisco St over in DCA could use some fog too.

Comment

good point
                            sigpic

Comment

Fog around the base of the castle would be a good addition too.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X