• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donaldduckfan#1
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2010

[Idea] Put the water park in disneyland

Put the water park inside Disneyland. Disneyland is 85 acres the water park would not be a separate park but part of Disneyland. So if you want to go to Disneys new water park you have to play 87 bucks for the right to do so. This area would hold 5,000 to 8,000 guests Cater to hotel guests and AP and relive overcrowding in Disneyland and increase attendance of the park. The water park section would be open year round be 8 to 9 acres and would have two lands Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. The water park section would mean the removal of the people mover tracks Autopia the whole thing what is left motor boats and the Innoventions. When you went into the water park section of the park you would have to go thur a check point because of the dress code being different you would enter the water park by its a small world and be in Fantasyland with a lazy river starting at the entrance and following the rail road tracks until you got to the Tomorrowland train station than going thur the Autopia loading area than thur the back side of FNSV passing by the Matterhorn than back to IASW to complete the loop. Their would be a wave pool pretty much in the biggest area that would not have the monorail going over it and the water slides surrounding the wave pool. The Fantasyland section would start at the entrance/IASW and stop about a third into the Autopia line que. Than the Tomorrowland section would start and go over a new bridge giving access to the Innoventions building that would have the kids play area a few smaller water slides shopping eating restrooms and changing locations would be put any where theirs room budget 150 million
  • Quentin
    MaliBOOMer
    • Jul 2011

Re: Put the water park in disneyland

Oh boy here we go. :mob:
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
      Banned User
      • Jul 2010

No.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
        Iron-Clad Allie
        • Feb 2005

There's plenty of land for a waterpark, and plenty commercial building ownres that Disney could buy out for more land. If Knott's and Magic Mountain have waterparks, DLR has no excuse not to. Probably won't be very long before Universal has one. We're not going to let our wateropark go down the tube....so to speak.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
          Beach Expert
          • Sep 2006

For the millionth time it could not be open all year around unless it is enclosed. But if the water park is a part of the entire Disneyland experience I am not too sure even then people will want to go to a water park and then trapse around Disneyland on a (relatively) cold day.

Comment

• donaldduckfan#1
            MiceChatter
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            For the millionth time it could not be open all year around unless it is enclosed. But if the water park is a part of the entire Disneyland experience I am not too sure even then people will want to go to a water park and then trapse around Disneyland on a (relatively) cold day.
            that why you change in the dressing room

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            half of it will be enclosed the Innoventions building will be in-closed and heated

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
            No.
            Yes

Comment

• Disneylandfan67
              MiceChatter
              • Jul 2011

Disney is all about theme and quallity, plopping in a bunch of generic water rides in the middle of Tommorowland and Fantasyland is just not a good idea. These rides do not belong there.
              All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
              Trip Reports:
              From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

• ColonelWalrus
                5 Star
                • Feb 2012

It always makes me wonder why Disney or some company doesn't have a waterpark in a place like Arizona. With a good heating system, even in the "colder" months like March and October, things would still be bearable.

But I agree that a waterpark that close to the park wouldn't go over well.

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                  Banned User
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
                  Disney is all about theme and quallity, plopping in a bunch of generic water rides in the middle of Tommorowland and Fantasyland is just not a good idea. These rides do not belong there.
                  ^That. Good sense and logic just speaks against this.

Comment

• donaldduckfan#1
                    MiceChatter
                    • Mar 2010

I am sure Disney would put all the slides in a Fantasyland or Tomorrowland in theme they would not put slides with bare steel exposed like other water parks. I did say the budget would be about 200 million for a 8 acre water park that a huge budget

Comment

• OswaldTheRabbit
                      The Lucky Rabbit
                      • Jun 2012

Ya I understand your ideas donaldduckfan#1 but I just do not think its a good idea. We have a former Six Flags theme park near where I live. It use to be called Six Flags Great America -> Paramount's Great America -> California's Great America (currently), anyway long story short they did what you are suggesting. Great America was a pretty fun theme park (think Magic Mountain with less thrill attractions if your from So Cal.). They got the idea some years back to put in an area called Boomerang Bay, loosely based over the Crocodile Dundee franchise. So about half way into the park they put all of the water attractions. Mostly the ones you would expect, two high-rise twisting water slides, lazy river, wave pool, a few unique skin board like slides and a big interactive water play area. Complete with its own changing rooms, cabanas, eating areas, etc.... This part of the park is open every day the main park is, however after it was built it simply did not bring in the amount of visitors they thought they would receive, and unless it is a really hot day that part of the park is mostly empty. And when it is packed, most people who go to the water part could care less about the rest of the park.

At that point I would rather them use some of the space for improving Tommorowland/Fantasyland (I believe the old motor-boat area is going to be a water Tinker Bell dark ride from what I understand), and Disney hold off and build a separate themed water park outside of Disneyland on another patch of land.

All being said though, if Disney decided to go with your idea I like the way you thought it out. You could also make an argument for increasing frontierland, the jamboree area and under the berm (which would give you another possible entrance) for a expanded Rivers of America waterpark.
                      "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                        Iron-Clad Allie
                        • Feb 2005

Typhoon Lagoon (including Crush 'n Gusher eater coaster) and Blizzard Beach are highly themed eaterparks at WDW, pretty near as popular as the theme parks. Nobody is even remotely suggesting that a waterpark should be placed inside the Finding Nemo submarine Lagoon, Voyage of the Little Mermaid or anyplace else in the DLR theme parks. Nemo and Ariel would get pretty ticked off over that.

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                        ^That. Good sense and logic just speaks against this.
                        Us waterpark enthusiasts are hoping that some of those against it would let the logic slide a little....so hat we can slide a lot.

Originally posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
                        Ya I understand your ideas donaldduckfan#1 but I just do not think its a good idea. We have a former Six Flags theme park near where I live. It use to be called Six Flags Great America -> Paramount's Great America -> California's Great America (currently), anyway long story short they did what you are suggesting. Great America was a pretty fun theme park (think Magic Mountain with less thrill attractions if your from So Cal.). They got the idea some years back to put in an area called Boomerang Bay, loosely based over the Crocodile Dundee franchise. So about half way into the park they put all of the water attractions. Mostly the ones you would expect, two high-rise twisting water slides, lazy river, wave pool, a few unique skin board like slides and a big interactive water play area. Complete with its own changing rooms, cabanas, eating areas, etc.... This part of the park is open every day the main park is, however after it was built it simply did not bring in the amount of visitors they thought they would receive, and unless it is a really hot day that part of the park is mostly empty. And when it is packed, most people who go to the water part could care less about the rest of the park.

At that point I would rather them use some of the space for improving Tommorowland/Fantasyland (I believe the old motor-boat area is going to be a water Tinker Bell dark ride from what I understand), and Disney hold off and build a separate themed water park outside of Disneyland on another patch of land.

All being said though, if Disney decided to go with your idea I like the way you thought it out. You could also make an argument for increasing frontierland, the jamboree area and under the berm (which would give you another possible entrance) for a expanded Rivers of America waterpark.
                        First off, Disney quality has nothing to do with six Flags. You never see a Six Flags park anwhere near a Disney park becaus they fear the quality competition. That said, a disney waterpark would blow away Boomarang Bay or anything else they come up with. Secondly, Disney would never place a waterpark inside a regular theme park such as Disneyland. Thirdly, Disney is rife with dollars to buy up the land/property of businesses located near the Disneyland resort for however they wish to expand - regardless of whether the former strawberry field is used or not.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• Krack
                          Banned User
                          • May 2008

No thanks. I like Disneyland; I do not like being wet. I don't even ride Splash Mountain anymore.

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                            Banned User
                            • Jul 2010

I didn't say I don't think they should have a water park, it just shouldn't be in the park.

Comment

• OswaldTheRabbit
                              The Lucky Rabbit
                              • Jun 2012

To Clarify since it seems there was some misunderstanding with my post.

I would never compare quality of Six Flags to Disney because there is no comparison on any level, and I am sure that any water park designed by Disney would be better then one from Sig Flags.

The mentioning of Six Flags was to speak that another theme park had tried to put a waterpark design into a successful theme park for the same reasons Donald mentioned, relieving crowds and increasing attendance. My point was they tried and it did not work as a point of relevant context.

I never said Disney would put a water park inside of Disneyland, in fact I speak about how it would be highly unlikely and that the space described would be better suited for Tommorowland expansion and refursbishments, and that Disney would purchase more land, or use existing land outside of Disneyland for a fully themed waterpark.

Lastly to clarify, Donald's thread was IDEA, and there is nothing wrong with people expressing their ideas. Acknowledging Donald's idea and where he is coming from is to add some positivity to a thread which from his idea was just going to have a lot of "that will never happen for reason A, B, and C". Everyone has ideas and dreams, and us just shooting them down without any positive intent or looking at it from their perspective goes against the many ideas and morals Disney stands for.
                              "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Comment

• Sambo
                                Down Pluto!
                                • Feb 2005

It is June twenty third, not April first...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

• ShelbyH
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Mar 2011

Soak City is actually a pretty good water park, as far as water parks go. Yeah, there's no theming, but the slides and such are well-done. Water park enthusiasts can hop on the bus and go there no problem. DLR is not WDW. Comparisons are moot.

Comment

• boisemice
                                    Boise Mouse
                                    • Mar 2012

It's just not warm enough, sadly. I would love to see a themed DL waterpark, like the ones in WDW (cause lets face it, those are pretty amazing) but they would not be able to be open year round.
                                    sigpic

Comment

• DARTH MAUL
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                                      It is June twenty third, not April first...
                                      :clap:

Comment

• DisneyRicky
                                        Is BB-8
                                        • Jan 2010

There just simply isn't a whole lot of space available to Disney.
                                        Unless Disney wants to do some sort of underground parking garage, they are out of luck for space.

Here is all the area around Disneyland & DCA, circled in Blue is Disney-owned parking, which I suppose can be converted...

Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X