Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Cellular Service

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland Cellular Service

    I haven't been to disneyland in....WOW....3 years, anyways...the last time I went, my friend and I had our cell phones with us and whenever we went into any and all show buildings/rides we instantly lost service forever untill we emerged back to the service. (This often leads me to believe the rides and show buildings are underground.... ) Anyways, does anyone know if service is now available to anyone with any service. We had cingular and I know at the time they sucked, but Im thinking they would be better now considering the merg with ATT.
    Also....I was thinking, does anyone know if maybe Disney had special service blockers installed within the rides and show building to prevent ruining and interupting shows and rides. I have heard of churches having these little devices which block all cell phone signals completely from the building. I think its a great idea and I think Disney should implament them if they don't already have them.
    Beautify Yourself

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

    A few years ago when I was there, I had no service on Space, Pirates, Small World and a few others. This was when I had ATT&T. When they merged and I had a better connection....I noticed right away on my next trip, that I had service on almost everything, even Space.

    I saw people talking on their cells in the loading area at Indy a few weeks ago. That surprised me.

    I've never heard a cell ring in the Haunted Mansion, and I've never taken my very bright-screened phone out of my purse on it, so I have no clue if I have service in there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

      NOS is the no service zone, I cann't get any bars when in that area. That is the only place I have problems with it. Don't know why?? I do get then in the HM and the gallery.
      aka Sara

      :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:



      One of my children
      isn't pictured,

      ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

        Originally posted by Where's Barbie?
        NOS is the no service zone, I cann't get any bars when in that area. That is the only place I have problems with it. Don't know why?? I do get then in the HM and the gallery.
        Where is the NOS area?
        Beautify Yourself

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

          new oleans square area
          aka Sara

          :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:



          One of my children
          isn't pictured,

          ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

            NOServivice area.. lol

            probably cause where your towers are and the hight of everything around you..

            I know i got t-mobile signal in most areas around DL when i was there in july..
            (WDW has signals everywhere even IASW surprisingly..)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

              Originally posted by Derekuda
              I haven't been to disneyland in....WOW....3 years, anyways...the last time I went, my friend and I had our cell phones with us and whenever we went into any and all show buildings/rides we instantly lost service forever untill we emerged back to the service. (This often leads me to believe the rides and show buildings are underground.... ) Anyways, does anyone know if service is now available to anyone with any service. We had cingular and I know at the time they sucked, but Im thinking they would be better now considering the merg with ATT.
              Also....I was thinking, does anyone know if maybe Disney had special service blockers installed within the rides and show building to prevent ruining and interupting shows and rides. I have heard of churches having these little devices which block all cell phone signals completely from the building. I think its a great idea and I think Disney should implament them if they don't already have them.
              I was just talking about this on a thread earlier today, I never get good reception in the park and that my cell goes into roaming. As for "cell Jammers" in the park or anyplace else, I think its a bad idea. Just for safety reasons. I do admit I hate it when a cell phone goes off in a theater but as a parent if I were at a theater with my wife and the babysitter could not get ahold of me in and emeregency, I would be pretty p.o.'d. It comes down to people being considerate of each other and use the silent feature, the world would be a betterr place if we all did.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                Originally posted by snorkeld
                I was just talking about this on a thread earlier today, I never get good reception in the park and that my cell goes into roaming. As for "cell Jammers" in the park or anyplace else, I think its a bad idea. Just for safety reasons. I do admit I hate it when a cell phone goes off in a theater but as a parent if I were at a theater with my wife and the babysitter could not get ahold of me in and emeregency, I would be pretty p.o.'d. It comes down to people being considerate of each other and use the silent feature, the world would be a betterr place if we all did.
                I understand what you mean. But at the same time I think cell phones are totally not Disneys style and I think they shouldn't be allowed in Disneyland. It all goes back to that "leave the real world behind" idea that walt had and that disneyland is known for.
                The other thing is, is that disneyland is sooo loud, you can't hear anything on a cell phone. I know this because I go to Six Flags Marine World all the time and I can't hear a thing, and they are only about 1/3 the size of Disneyland without the fireworks, parades, music, and night shows. Everyone uses walkie-talkies. You pretty much have to.
                Beautify Yourself

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                  Call me crazy, and I'm not sure if it was for Disneyland Park or Disney World Resort, but I remember reading about talks between Disney and a major cell provider about putting a tower IN one of the parks. If I remember the article correctly, it was going to go into either Fantasyland or Frontierland as a fake tree.

                  As for reception, I wouldn't know because I just recently got my cell phone and haven't been to Disneyland since late 2003 and Disney World in summer 2004, so...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                    Under current FCC regulations cell phone jammers are illegal. That's why all US electronics have the "Does not cause harmfull interference" sticker.

                    I would bet the loss of signal has t do with having so much around you in terms of building materials. you just loose places for the signals to travel. However, In July and August I did see temp towers over in the parking lot by Downtown Disney.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                      I have Verizon which is decent service but when in DL I have the worst reception. DCA I have better service in but DL is awful. I cant tell you how many times Ive had people call me and leave messages when my phone is on all day long and then 3 hours later I'll get the notice that I have a message. Very frustrating when you have friends in the park you are trying to get in touch with to meet up with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                        In August 05, as far as I needed, my service with Verizon was fine inside the park. However, let me qualify this with the fact that the only people that would be calling me were in the park with me, we didn't use them much, except to verify meeting up places.

                        Now, as for jammers, here's a few of my thoughts. Blanket wide jamming of the park I can't see happening for a couple of reasons. First, as someone stated, the safety/legal reasons. If DLR were to have another accident like BTMRR and they jammed all cell phones and for whatever reason response teams were delayed, Disney would at minimum be blamed in the media for trying to silence the public. Secondly an attorney would probably use that as an argument for negligence on the part of Disney. The other reason a blanket jammer wouldn't be used is probably because TDA would never go for it since they would want to be able to access the real world from within the park. I realize that this can be worked around, but the means necessary would get a no vote for the money for such a thing.

                        Now as for jammers in specific locations (i.e. inside rides, theatres, etc) they might do this. Doubtful, but a slight possibility. It's like the no flash photography thing. They will probably add a "please turn off cell phones during this ride" first, which they may have already done and I didn't notice in August. But beyond that, really other than jamming there isn't much they can do.

                        Fortunetly, I have to agree with stinkerbell in the fact that I've never heard a ring on HM or any other ride for that matter, which brings me to my last thought. Until City Hall has to many complaints stating that they couldn't enjoy a ride because of other guests cell phones, then the whole thing will not even be discussed by management.
                        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                          Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                          Under current FCC regulations cell phone jammers are illegal.
                          And I guess that would be point #4 as to why Disney will not install them. )
                          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                            Originally posted by Olympicnut
                            I have Verizon which is decent service but when in DL I have the worst reception. DCA I have better service in but DL is awful.
                            That's funny, I didn't have any noticable problems with Verizon inside the entire DLR. I have an LG VX6100 and some of my co-workers have the Motorola and it's funny how in one spot with the same provider I get good reception and they don't or vice versa. So I guess we can throw type of phone into the mix now.
                            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland Cellular Service

                              I have an LG too (dunno what model however).

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X