Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

    It fits the theme perfectly. Whats more future than a whole livable world in a computer? Plus the graphics are awesome and they could really create something amazing.

  • #2
    Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

    A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

      yeah i was hopping for a tron ride. but it seems disney migt go the marvel route. i personally want a wall-e attraction

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

        Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
        A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.
        ANy chance it would make it back to the states if successful in Shanghai?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

          There's always a chance, but I think it will depend on TR3N's success.
          Check out my Disney inspired creations.

          https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
            A Tron Legacy attraction was looked at for Disneyland for quite some time. Since then, the idea has died and been replaced with a better one. But expect to see Tron have a heavy presence in Shanghai.
            It was looked at but not done because they didnt hsve the technology back in the day to do it right. They now do and could go above and beyond to do it right. I believe they have put it back on the table. It most certainly is a possibility.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

              ^^Ummm... When he says they looked at it, he means they looked at it very very recently. They had the technology, they had the concepts (supposedly), but the movie did not meet expectations and so it was cut.
              Check out my Disney inspired creations.

              https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                TR3N dosen't even have a script. its going to be a while till a movie happens

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                  Originally posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
                  ANy chance it would make it back to the states if successful in Shanghai?
                  It's possible, but not likely.

                  Originally posted by bheuett View Post
                  It was looked at but not done because they didnt hsve the technology back in the day to do it right. They now do and could go above and beyond to do it right. I believe they have put it back on the table. It most certainly is a possibility.
                  A Tron Legacy attraction for Disneyland was being looked at just a few years ago. Tron is going to Shanghai but its no longer on the table for Disneyland.

                  Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                  They had the technology, they had the concepts (supposedly), but the movie did not meet expectations and so it was cut.
                  More than just concepts. There was a model built and mock ups of scenes, effects, and ride vehicles.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                    Originally posted by burkesox98 View Post
                    TR3N dosen't even have a script. its going to be a while till a movie happens
                    It's in the process of being written..It's pretty much confirmed. They are just waiting for Uprising to finish and the producer to finish his other project.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                      After watching a video of Rocket Rods, it occured to me that Disneyland is in depserate need of some sort of fast moving ride around tomorrowland

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                        Originally posted by bheuett View Post
                        It was looked at but not done because they didnt hsve the technology back in the day to do it right. They now do and could go above and beyond to do it right. I believe they have put it back on the table. It most certainly is a possibility.
                        Since when does 2010 count as "back in the day"? Have we really advanced that much in technology since TRON Legacy has come out?
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                          Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          Since when does 2010 count as "back in the day"? Have we really advanced that much in technology since TRON Legacy has come out?
                          I think he/she was thinking of a TRON ride developed in the 1980's? Idk they did have the Tron Superspeed tunnel so maybe that's what made them think it was back in the day.
                          Check out my Disney inspired creations.

                          https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                            Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            Since when does 2010 count as "back in the day"? Have we really advanced that much in technology since TRON Legacy has come out?
                            I think he/she was thinking of a TRON ride developed in the 1980's? Idk they did have the Tron Superspeed tunnel so maybe that's what made them think it was back in the day.
                            Yes i was talking about the 1980s superspeed tunnel. If im correct, the 80's is around 30 yrs ago. so yes, back in the day.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A Tron Legacy ride would be perfect for Tomorrowland

                              Originally posted by bheuett View Post
                              Yes i was talking about the 1980s superspeed tunnel. If im correct, the 80's is around 30 yrs ago. so yes, back in the day.
                              That makes sense then. However the quote that you put in your post referred directly to a TRON Legacy ride, so I figured that was what you were referring to.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X