This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland float wins craftsman award

Here is the official concept: http://disney.go.com/globalmedia/ins...227_image1.jpg

At least Disneyland's castle is the biggest.

Here it is in detail: http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051227.html

Re: Rose Parade Float Revealed

Pretty!
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

I actually like this float considering that Disneyland's castle is the largest portraying the true superiority of the Disney theme park chain.

Comment

Looks very cool. Wonder if they will display it at DCA after the New Year like they did with last years.

Comment

"Disney Parks"... "Disney theme park chain"... When did Disneyland become a commodity?

Disney needs to seriously re-examine Paul Pressler's "Plant-the-Flag" strategy because the Xerox copies of attractions and castles are jeopardizing each location's ability to draw vacationers.

The matter is not merely one of cannibalization, although that factor is significant. Disney attractions are losing their sense of specialness and exclusivity.

Most of this duplication is not realizing any cost savings, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
            Looks very cool. Wonder if they will display it at DCA after the New Year like they did with last years.
            they didn't with this year's float so i doubt it. if they had done a Monsters inc one you could proberly gareentee it

Comment

^ Oh that's right ... the Tower float was 2 years ago.

Doh'

Comment

The float is amazing! The details on the castle are really accurate. I wasn't expecting something that detailed.

That pic of the concept art is nothing compaired to the real thing.

Comment

And with rotating crowns on the DL Castle!

(glad they didn't do that on the real castle!)
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

It's cute, although it kind of just makes it more obvious how none of them are unique anymore except vaguely DLP.

Comment

Don't forget, SHOW STOP!
                      "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                      You set the bar I could not live up to
                      Tonight the light is breaking through
                      So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                      Zebrahead

Comment

Ooooh, I look forward to seeing it...that sure is going to take a lot of flowers!

Comment

Are you sure the Disneyland castle is the biggest? It might be the Hong Kong castle since it looks exactly the same. It could be Disney's way of saying to all of southern california to ignore that park you have and travel half way around the world to experience a lower quality version of what you already have.
                          When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

Thanks
                            :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by phruby
                              Are you sure the Disneyland castle is the biggest? It might be the Hong Kong castle since it looks exactly the same. It could be Disney's way of saying to all of southern california to ignore that park you have and travel half way around the world to experience a lower quality version of what you already have.
                              If you look at the concept picture, you can see Mickey and the other characters as described here: "Riding on an upper balcony of the Disneyland castle are Mickey Mouse and two featured singers. Below Mickey Mouse and the singers, the castle drawbridge will lower and Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald will come streaming out of the castle --" on the last and biggest of the castles.

I do wish there was a bigger picture to look at so that it can be seen better.
                              Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X