Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

    So my wife did a comparison of the amount we paid a few years ago to go to DLR for 8 days to what that would cost us this year or the next and it is completely awful. we paid about $1100 for 8 days with all the 'good stuff' included in 2008. it would have been only 80 bucks more at the time to add an additional 4 days to our trip since we were staying so long.

    Now, just for a 4 day trip would be $1019. The cost has doubled? And without any extras..

    I think its pretty ridiculous when they know we will be buying stuff there left and right, so why boost the entry so much? That only means that, if we go, we wont spend as long there and we wont be buying as much.

    I realize that Disney has a big bill to pay in the huge project in DCA and they probably wont suffer that much in regards to attendance but, its the little guys down here that wont be able to afford this. I'm as blue collar as it gets and when we go to Disneyland, we go all-out since we live in Northern California and dont get to go very often and we save up all year for it. At this rate, its only the elite that will be able to afford to get in.
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

    there a company and they "need" more money
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

      Originally posted by mratigan View Post
      there a company and they "need" more money
      well this kind of response never gets old, does it?


      For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

        Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
        well this kind of response never gets old, does it?
        As opposed to the constant complaints that Disneyland is about to become a place for only the super wealthy, and the constant complaints that ticket price increases exceed inflation, ignoring the fact that so have the costs associated with spectacular new attractions and expansions?
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

          DL is not now and never will be for the super wealthy. The reason DCA flopped initially is that most of the 1% would never be caught dead in something so lowbrow as a theme park. DL is going after the lifestyle market, which crosses economic lines. They want people who self-identify as "Disney people" and go regardless of how much or little they get for their money.

          In your case, they're hoping your thinking will run thus: Oh, well, even if we can only afford 4 days, we'll gladly spend that money because we just lurrrve Disney! Hey, while we're here, let's get AP's so we can come down more often and it'll be cheaper! Sure, we can't afford to do anything else all year now, but hey, MOAR DISNEY!!!!!11 :ap:

          I'm being sarcastic, of course, but that's the game Disney's been playing for years now. They either want all your money or none of it.
          Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
          Charter Member

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

            I have going to Disneyland fairly regularly over the past 20 years - on average twice a year. There was a time when I could fairly well predict when we could go to the park and it wouldn't be as busy. In the last 10 years that was changed, and with the upgrades to DCA, I don't think there is a slow time for the Parks now. Pricing is a direct result of supply and demand. Demand is high and growing for a limited supply, Disney is doing what every other company does when faced with this issue. If people stop going and the parks drop from their at or near capacity levels... prices will drop as well. It really is that simple.
            My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

              Originally posted by Second Star View Post
              Pricing is a direct result of supply and demand. Demand is high and growing for a limited supply, Disney is doing what every other company does when faced with this issue. If people stop going and the parks drop from their at or near capacity levels... prices will drop as well. It really is that simple.
              Agreed, except I don't think prices will ever drop. Most likely just not go up as much.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                Agreed, except I don't think prices will ever drop. Most likely just not go up as much.
                Not a price drop as one might traditionally expect, but... They have, with some regularity, offered special multi-day ticket deals when they see park attendance dropping off.
                My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                  I was surprised about the Disneyland prices but for a different reason.

                  When I was trying to choose between going to California Disney or WDW it cost the same amount of time for six days in Orlando than 3 days in California. Weird right?

                  The only thing that pushed the decision to go to California instead of Orlando was the extra $700 per person in flights from Australia



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                    Originally posted by razza1987 View Post
                    I was surprised about the Disneyland prices but for a different reason.

                    When I was trying to choose between going to California Disney or WDW it cost the same amount of time for six days in Orlando than 3 days in California. Weird right?

                    The only thing that pushed the decision to go to California instead of Orlando was the extra $700 per person in flights from Australia
                    Still a supply and demand issue. Two parks and 3 on-property hotels, all pretty much premium. 4 parks, 2 waterparks, and a much larger DtD, and quite bit more hotel stock. Just a bit harder to keep WDW at or near capacity. If Disney could figure out the airline issue, I'm sure they be working on that too.
                    My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                      Originally posted by Second Star View Post
                      Still a supply and demand issue. Two parks and 3 on-property hotels, all pretty much premium. 4 parks, 2 waterparks, and a much larger DtD, and quite bit more hotel stock. Just a bit harder to keep WDW at or near capacity. If Disney could figure out the airline issue, I'm sure they be working on that too.
                      Trust me if Disney could figure out the airline issue we would be going to Florida lol

                      EDIT: I just managed to find dates so that I will have access to the extra money needed to fly to Florida. I am so excited right now
                      Last edited by razza1987; 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                        Originally posted by razza1987 View Post
                        Trust me if Disney could figure out the airline issue we would be going to Florida lol

                        EDIT: I just managed to find dates so that I will have access to the extra money needed to fly to Florida. I am so excited right now
                        Well have a blast!!! Disneyland is my favorite place, but then I'm a west coast guy. Though, I have had a lot of fun at Walt Disney World too. :yea:
                        My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                          Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                          As opposed to the constant complaints that Disneyland is about to become a place for only the super wealthy, and the constant complaints that ticket price increases exceed inflation, ignoring the fact that so have the costs associated with spectacular new attractions and expansions?
                          Seee this is what my thinking is too


                          Ticket prices for Disneyland have doubted in the past ten years...yet disneyland has not gotten a new E ticket in 15? Logic?

                          I mean even DCA tickets don't make sense...same price as Disneyland...yet less rides?

                          I understand they need/deserve money for what they do...but I am 100% sure they are charging more then they should...and making it for the wealthy more then they need too....i understand that how how Business works always but look at Video Games, they cost more now...yet they are cheaper (games used to be 50 bucks ten years ago but minimum wage is higher now then it was then)

                          So not every company has to be greedy to still make ends meat and work on new projects that cost millions
                          Happy Halloween!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                            Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                            So not every company has to be greedy to still make ends meat and work on new projects that cost millions
                            This is what I view as a sense of entitlement, that Disney should only charge what is necessary to do what they are in business. Disney is a publicly held corporation, and its leader charged with a duty to maximize the stockholders' investments in the company. They are not charged with each of our own entertainment enjoyment level. Yes it is nice when the two can meet, but the fudicary duty comes first always. Also Disney's job is to appeal to the largest number of guests, not individuals or small groups, and from the numbers hitting the turnstiles every day, they are succeeded.

                            By the logic of not adding significant new value to the parks, when was the last significant improvement to gasoline created, or a loaf of bread, or... Yet we have seen these products increase in price over time. While many may not like it, it is a simple formula - supply and demand. And if Disney does not meet someone's value for price, it is also very simple, find somewhere else to spend their entertainment dollars.
                            My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland ticket prices? Really?

                              Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              Seee this is what my thinking is too


                              Ticket prices for Disneyland have doubted in the past ten years...yet disneyland has not gotten a new E ticket in 15? Logic?

                              I mean even DCA tickets don't make sense...same price as Disneyland...yet less rides?

                              I understand they need/deserve money for what they do...but I am 100% sure they are charging more then they should...and making it for the wealthy more then they need too....i understand that how how Business works always but look at Video Games, they cost more now...yet they are cheaper (games used to be 50 bucks ten years ago but minimum wage is higher now then it was then)

                              So not every company has to be greedy to still make ends meat and work on new projects that cost millions
                              HK Disney is even more overpriced. I couldn't believe how little was on offer for the price of the entrance

                              ---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 02:11 AM ----------

                              I managed to get a deal today here in Australia for 6 night's accommodation five days at Walt Disney World with accommodation at All Stars Music resort and the simple dining plan for $1186. I was shocked at how much was included and found that to be unbelievable good value for money



                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X