Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

    Hiya neighbors!

    Just wondering if anyone from Micechat be attending the Dapper Day, An Evening Affair event on September 7th? My friends and I are going and can't wait. We're always happy to dress up to play at The Parks, and the fact that a lots of other people will be doing the same is going to be a blast! I do believe that King Arthur's Carousel will be the loveliest it's ever been from 10p-11p.

    Don't know what Dapper Day is? Want to participate but don't know what to wear?? Check out their site for details.

    Dapper Day
    (This is an unofficial event and not sponsored by Disney. Just a night where like minded people enjoy a night out at Disneyland).

    See ya in The Park!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

    I AM THE REBEL SPY.



  • #2
    Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

    I've been twice now, so I'll be attending this year with some friends and folks from the project in my signature!


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

      My friend and I are definitely attending as well!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

        Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
        I've been twice now, so I'll be attending this year with some friends and folks from the project in my signature!
        Ah wonderful! This will be my first year attending and I can't wait. We're already working on outfits for the night. LOL

        ---------- Post added 08-23-2012 at 03:22 PM ----------

        Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
        My friend and I are definitely attending as well!
        Hooray! Another for the well-heeled masses!
        <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

        I AM THE REBEL SPY.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

          How fun! Wish I was local and could go!
          I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

            Originally posted by tensixmom View Post
            How fun! Wish I was local and could go!
            If you're ever able to make it out for the event, do! My friends attended the Spring event and had a fabulous time.
            <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

            I AM THE REBEL SPY.


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

              This sounds like a blast!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                oooo I just might go!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                  This will be my first Dapper Day, and I'm going all in.

                  In my fortnightly visits to the parks, I have assiduously avoided peeking at the interior decor of the second-level Carthay Circle Restaurant. I thought this would be the perfect occasion to have my inaugural dinner there, and I want to preserve that experience.

                  Dining reservation placed, I elected to take advantage of the group discount Dapper Day offers at the Disneyland hotel. Should the evening's festivities prove sufficiently intoxicating (as the Carthay lounge has succeeded prior) it will be most convenient to have accommodations a mere jaunt from the park.

                  I'M REALLY EXCITED.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                    Can't make this one unfortunately, but we'll be there at some point in September dressed vintage. Always fun going to the parks dressed up.



                    Last edited by BroadSword; 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM. Reason: Changed photo link
                    -Marcus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                      What a perfect time! I hear the Cathay is amazing. We should all update this thread with pics of the event.

                      Originally posted by NickyTea View Post
                      This will be my first Dapper Day, and I'm going all in.

                      In my fortnightly visits to the parks, I have assiduously avoided peeking at the interior decor of the second-level Carthay Circle Restaurant. I thought this would be the perfect occasion to have my inaugural dinner there, and I want to preserve that experience.

                      Dining reservation placed, I elected to take advantage of the group discount Dapper Day offers at the Disneyland hotel. Should the evening's festivities prove sufficiently intoxicating (as the Carthay lounge has succeeded prior) it will be most convenient to have accommodations a mere jaunt from the park.

                      I'M REALLY EXCITED.


                      ---------- Post added 08-24-2012 at 03:12 PM ----------

                      You all look Fabulous! I love seeing people take their time to dress up for the park. Harkens back to the time where Disneyland was an EVENT, a place where your Sunday best was expected.

                      Probably why I love the concept of Dapper Day so much.

                      OH! WDW has their own Dapper Day event as well. Stylish fun!


                      Originally posted by BroadSword View Post
                      Can't make this one unfortunately, but we'll be there at some point in September dressed vintage. Always fun going to the parks dressed up.



                      <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

                      I AM THE REBEL SPY.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                        Almost forgot to post this up!

                        Seems that the evening Dapper Day event has it's roots in Disneyland History. I didn't realize that Disneyland offered Starlite ticket books to the park; such a wonderful way to spend an evening.


                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DLR Starlite.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	7344578
                        <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

                        I AM THE REBEL SPY.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                          Wow! This looks AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for sharing this.
                          Now I need to find a outfit! I assume a standard business suit would not be appropriate. Is that right?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                            BroadSword, your family looks FANTASTIC!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

                              so...I'd like to go, but I can just dress nice? Like in a contemporary suit? Or does it have to be 20's era clothing? The latter seems more fun of course, but I wear suits so infrequently, my logical, fiscally conscious mind has a hard time with this


                              For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X