This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] No Reindeer Roundup?

The latest buzz from Circle D is that Santa won't be bringing his reindeer along this year. What gives?? Could this could be the end of the Big Thunder Ranch Area as we know it? Is the BTR area doomed?

Re: No Reindeer Roundup?

That would be sad if it turned out to be true.

This year they've been making huge strides in how they're using BTR, and guests ARE finding it. It's such a nice oasis from the rest of the park that it would be sad to see it eliminated.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

CONFIRMED. There will be no reindeer roundup this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bertanddolly View Post
        Boo.guess the carnival replaced the event this year
        My Art site
        http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Source?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

The latest buzz from Circle D is that Santa won't be bringing his reindeer along this year. What gives??
            Maybe it has something to do with the other rumor that they will now be serving reindeer meat at Big Thunder BBQ.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The latest buzz from Circle D is that Santa won't be bringing his reindeer along this year. What gives?? Could this could be the end of the Big Thunder Ranch Area as we know it? Is the BTR area doomed?
              There are lots of ideas (some more realistic/likely than others) for park "expansion" in this area. So perhaps it is "doomed". Or destined for better things. To make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs ....
              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                Maybe it has something to do with the other rumor that they will now be serving reindeer meat at Big Thunder BBQ.
                Yum! My mouth is watering! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post

When i was in Alaska one year, i had reindeer and it was pretty good except my stomach started to glow red in the dark
                  Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

Comment

Confirmation seconded.

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                    Source?
                    A person very close to the matter. Can't really say more than that as that may be traceable back to me.

From what I heard, it has to do with the continuing stricter safety enforcement. It was basically going to have to have been a fully enclosed pen (the fence was going to have to be rather high) to have the reindeer there. So rather than that ugly thing, they just went with no reindeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                      Confirmation seconded.

A person very close to the matter. Can't really say more than that as that may be traceable back to me.

From what I heard, it has to do with the continuing stricter safety enforcement. It was basically going to have to have been a fully enclosed pen (the fence was going to have to be rather high) to have the reindeer there. So rather than that ugly thing, they just went with no reindeer.
                      If true, this would ........ eh, suck. At lease no one came up with idea to strap antlers onto the goats.
                      Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
                        If true, this would ........ eh, suck. At lease no one came up with idea to strap antlers onto the goats.
                        Thatr's what you think...
                        WELCOME ABOARD
                        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                          Confirmation seconded.

:whistling: Good enough for me...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I don't believe anything until I've heard from Disney directly.

I hope Reindeer Roundup sticks around!
                            Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                            You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Santa will be moving from the cottage to go over to the festival arena in the location of the current halloween carnival:

At Disneyland park:
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
                              -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X