This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Space Shuttle to fly over Disneyland

The news was just released that the Space Shuttle Endeavor atop it's 747 Jet will fly over Disneyland at 10"30am this Friday. It will be a very low fly over and is accompanied by two NASA T-38 jets and preceded by a 727 scout/weather jet. If you are there have your cameras ready as this will be very low, below flight levels. I think I am going to go down Friday to see it. I saw the very first shuttle land at Edwards Air Force Base in Lancaster after it's first flight. Awe Inspiring and this should be the same. The Last Shuttle making it's last flight, ever.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Space Shuttle to fly over Disneyland

Thx. I'll mark my calendar.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ha my dad told me this today, and i didnt believe him! LOL!
      To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME šoš
      -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

Comment

I expect (please!) some impressive photos posted on Micechat!

Comment

If I go I will taking my camera for sure.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I wonder if it will be flying over Irvine that morning as I have to work.

Comment

Here is the official release from Disneyland News:

During the final leg of its ferry flight from Florida to Los Angeles, Space Shuttle Endeavor will make a low-level pass over Disneyland, among other locations. The Space Shuttle will be ferried on the back of a modified 747 aircraft, just as NASA has done for the duration of the Space Shuttle program.

Other low level flight locations in Los Angeles will include the Getty Center, the Griffith Observatory, Malibu, and Disneyland.
              The pass over Disneyland is scheduled to happen sometime after 10:30 a.m. on Friday
              Endeavor will become part of a permanent exhibit at the California Science Center in Los Angeles later this year.

The altitude over the areas will be between 2K and 3K feet. The Shuttle has priority clearance over the entire So Cal area until it lands at LAX.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                I expect (please!) some impressive photos posted on Micechat!
                Although I'm sure there will be some good ones, it would be better if they could announce good set-up locations so as to get a shot of the shuttle with a great background and/or foreground (like Space Mountain, for example). Unfortunately that's the same information some nut with a Stinger would find helpful ...
                "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                  The news was just released that the Space Shuttle Endeavor atop it's 747 Jet will fly over Disneyland at 10"30am this Friday. It will be a very low fly over and is accompanied by two NASA T-38 jets and preceded by a 727 scout/weather jet.
                  Also interesting will be seeing a 727 fly again. I haven't seen one of those in while. Is it really going to be a 727?

In any case, I hope we see lots of pictures and videos this Friday!

Comment

I love how they just fly the shuttles around so much now that they will be on permanent display. They don't have to worry about damaging the tiles now.
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

Perfect I'm getting there for my trip on Friday morning so I'll hopefully be able to get a good photo of it! Hopefully I don't forget

Hehe people are going to begin to wonder what the crazy girl who keeps looking up at the sky is looking at
                      sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

This is a really cool nod ( assuming this is being intentionally flown by Disneyland ) to Walt and his contribution to the space effort back in the 50's. A lot of people don't know Walt's direct contribution by coming up with short films that imagined space travel, ultimately gaining public favor in there even being a space program, otherwise it may have ended before it began. Making this last flight over Disneyland is something I see as "thank you" to him.

Comment

I can't wait! I wonder if the area will be really crowded.
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Please oh please tell me that SoCalbma will be there (Disneyland or Exposition Park) to record this event in full HD glory!
                            Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

BTW, if you can't make it to DL, here's a list of the planned SoCal flyovers:

California Science Center
                              Disneyland
                              Getty Museum
                              Griffith Observatory
                              Huntington Beach
                              JPL
                              LA City Hall
                              Queen Mary
                              Santa Monica Pier
                              Space X in Hawthorne
                              Universal Studios
                              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X