Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the mermaid
    New MiceChatter
    • Sep 2012

[Fun] Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

About 2 weeks ago I was at DL and this sweet little girl, about 2 or 3 years old, ran up to me and just stared at me with the hugest, most awe-stricken eyes. She grabbed her moms hand, pointed at me, and squealed "Tinker Bell!" it was very sweet and I just waved and smiled at her.
    Have you ever been mistaken for anyone (Disney character or not) while at the parks?
  • jcruise86
    former CM

• Jul 2006

Re: Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

George Clooney, dozens of times.

Comment

• DrFink
      The doctor is in
      • Aug 2012

I personally haven't, but I went to Downtown Disney with one of my cousins a few years back and he was mistaken for a pirate character by several foreign tourists. They kept trying to take pictures with him.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
        Greetings, Program!
        • Jan 2005

Not me but someone in our group. Wrap your head around these factors, if you can:

About 3 years ago I was with my GF and her 18 year old son. For an 18 year old, he's got a pretty lethal set of 70's sideburns and is a pretty large fella. He also is fond of dark sunglasses and a fedora.

Now again.....it's 2009, and the kid is eighteen. Looks about 20 sometimes. A woman walks up staring at him, grinning like a maniac.

"Oh my god. Are you John Belushi?"
        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
          • May 2005

I'm frequently mistaken for someone's cousin, old neighbor, friend, etc. Apparently I have a generic kind of face.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• PetiteMortKvsh
            Just drawn that way
            • Jul 2012

A few years back some kids thought I was Avril Lavigne. They keep taking pictures of me and didn't believe me when I insisted I wasn't her....At least they had a cool story to take home.
            Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

• orbitalpunk
              Majestic Falcon
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Sep 2005

a fast pass photographer a lot an and an actor on a CW show.

Micenation

Comment

• disneyfn
                Mouseman
                • Mar 2005

Once a teenager came up to me and wanted to take a picture with me. She said I was an exact twin of her father. Sometime when I wear my WDW Figment namebadge which I bought and had engraved with my name, guests think I am a cast member and ask for info which I politely give out and smile.

Comment

• produceguy
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2012

It didn't happen at DL but, I was stopped while walking down the street in San Francisco and was asked if I was Jason Alexander (George Kastanza from Seinfeld). The friend I was with laughed and said, "No but, I think he looks more like Drew Carey". This was back when Drew was chubbier. Personally, i don't think I look like either.

Comment

• PinBrian
                    • Sep 2005

Quentin Tarantino at least a half dozen times. (We look nothing alike either)

Comment

• sbk1234
                      formerly very helpful
                      • Sep 2007

Goofy, but I'm not too happy about that!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• fifthrider
                        Banned User
                        • Oct 2008

I get Patton Oswalt all the time. I need to lose weight and get less ugly, obviously.

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
                        "Oh my god. Are you John Belushi?"
                        ...and he's 18? ...and John's been dead for 30 years? ...so even if he was alive he'd be way older, but that didn't stop them from thinking...? Geez.

Comment

• Malina
                          MiceChatter

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                          I get Patton Oswalt all the time. I need to lose weight and get less ugly, obviously.

...and he's 18? ...and John's been dead for 30 years? ...so even if he was alive he'd be way older, but that didn't stop them from thinking...? Geez.
                          People seem to have no concept of time these days. A friend of mine volunteers for tours at a Holocaust Museum. She's 25. She looks 18. She's been asked if she's a survivor. O_o No joke.

To the original question, no, but I've mistaken OTHERS. There have been a few times I've gone up to someone who had their back turned to me in a store or on line, and greeted them because I thought they were a friend of mine...and then was really embarrassed when they turned around, because they were not one of my friends at all.
                          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

• Dillamond
                            MiceChatter
                            • Mar 2012

I think the ultimate compliment would be people mistaking you for Walt Disney. Oh yeah.

Comment

• smartlabelprint
                              MiceChatter
                              • Sep 2012

I was on a street where a friend lived on Monday (although visiting someone else who lives on the same street) and the woman was checking her mail and carrying a baby. Our friend just had a baby so I waved at her. It wasn't her! I wasn't sure so I shouldn't have waved, we were too far away! Embarassing.

BTW--just ordered new shoes for our DL/DCA trip! Chaco's flip flops. We'll see how they fit. A friend says they're the best.

Comment

• Mr. Disney
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dillamond View Post
                                I think the ultimate compliment would be people mistaking you for Walt Disney. Oh yeah.
                                Side note: 2 years ago I dressed up as Walt for Mickey's Halloween Party. Most guests didn't know who I was (also because I made a nametag, so they maybe even thought I worked there), however, Cast Member's went crazy... even a few of them told me they knew exactly who I was even before reading the nametag. I guess I do bear a little resemblance to Uncle Walt. Needless to say I was delighted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	waltcarrouselsepia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	7344788Click image for larger version

Name:	waltfront.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	7344787

Anyway, back on topic... this actually happened at Knotts though, but I took my cousins from out of town and my cousin got confused with Ashton Kutcher... twice.
                                Attached Files
                                I have a dream
                                A song to sing
                                To help me cope
                                Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                                of a FairyTale
                                You can take the future
                                even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                                Something good in everything I see
                                I believe in Angels
                                When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                                  DoleWhipDrea
                                  • Apr 2005

I was walking through the fastpass line for Splash Mountain, wearing a pink tiered skirt, white top and one of the cheaper Disneyland gold-toned crowns when a mother in standby looked at me, smiled and pointed me out to her daughter saying, "Look! It's Sleeping Beauty!" Needless to say, I was extremely flattered. I've had friends tell me that I look like her but to have a complete stranger think that I was her in that getup was very sweet.

Comment

• Crazybirdman
                                    • Jun 2005

A kid thought I was Lil Wayne. Wanted an autograph and everything. I have dreads, but I'm 6 feet tall, and have no tattoos )
                                    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

• Bob Weaver
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Aug 2009

No, but when leaving the Carousel of Progress one day in 1972 I saw my sister and her then-husband ahead of me. I was amazed that they went to Disneyland on the same day we did, but there they were. Her with her long blond hair down to her waist, and him with his huge afro. Interracial couples were rare in those days, so they stood out. I ran up to them yelling, "Hey you guys!!!" They turned around and both looked at me, and it wasn't them. Another couple. I just kept running and said no more.

Comment

• BoygunaSurf
                                        Boat shoes all day long
                                        • Jan 2006

No idea who they think I am...but I get a lot of long, perplexed stares. Not sure what the deal is?
                                        Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X